We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off to Dreams La Romana over Christmas--a few questions!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Off to Dreams La Romana over Christmas--a few questions!

Hi,

We are super excited for our week long vacation over Christmas with our 4 and year old old kids. I have a few questions:

1) We arranged our own transportation to and from PUJ (using DAT). Has anyone ever used them and if so what was your experience?

2) Which building would you recommend as we are all staying in 1 room and we prefer a better quality room in a quiet place and don't mind walking a bit to get to where we need in order to have that quiet. We have reserved Preferred Club.

3) Which excursions, if any, would you recommend with young children (4 & 6)

4) Are the double beds really full size or are they queen. If they are tiny we can get a cot for one of my kids!

Any other helpful info would be greatly appreciated. My husband and I are admittedly a bit critical when we travel but we are with the kids so we are trying to be open minded :-)

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,348 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Off to Dreams La Romana over Christmas--a few questions!

From my personal experience, I feel that the whole day trips with small kids are very tiring, so if you can find a half day trip to Piscina Natural, that would be perfect.

Denise

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Off to Dreams La Romana over Christmas--a few questions!

If your in preferred, Block 5 would be best , we were given a room in block 7 and asked to be moved straight away we ended up in block 2 which we liked better, none of the rooms are fantastic i would book a suite if you are wanting something really nice , they are the only really nice rooms from what i saw. We had a lovely holiday but the rooms do need upgrading .

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,436 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Off to Dreams La Romana over Christmas--a few questions!

Dreams has a good kids club that I'm sure the child will enjoy with the explorer's club

About the excursions I have kids that age and the enjoy Saona island. It is common that the fall asleep while on the boat with the movement.

There is a turtle sanctuary in the village of the island, Mano Juan, that if you are lucky you may be able to find some baby turtles and hold them

A walk around Bayahibe village is also nice.

You can bring a small pushchair as with the heat children gets tired of walking around the resort or if you want to come out

You have Chavon River next door which is quiet nice for a short trip or do a safari tour to see the country side with interesting things about DR to explore the sugar cane fields, cocoa plant, banana trees, etc

Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
497 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Off to Dreams La Romana over Christmas--a few questions!

Cots are available. Look for Louise, the e-conceirge on this forum or Facebook. She will assist you with rooms. Look at my videos in my profile. Block 7 would be the farthest from the noisy main pool. The preferred pool is very quiet and the explorers club is very good. It is a long distance from the preferred pool but if your kids are independent they will love the fort/compound style of the club.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Off to Dreams La Romana over Christmas--a few questions!

Hi there,

if you need any help with room requests or any requests in general please email me at econcierge.drelr@dreamsresorts.com, I look forward to hearing from you

kind regards

Louise

6. Re: Off to Dreams La Romana over Christmas--a few questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Bayahibe
Recent Conversations