We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viva Wyndham Domincus Beach - Lots of questions

Chesapeake, Virginia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Viva Wyndham Domincus Beach - Lots of questions

Hi - My husband and I are going to Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach from 12/29 - 1/5, and I have some questions I hope someone can answer. We really appreciate it! It is our first time going to DP and we are looking forward to it.

1. I have seen that you can purchase VIP access for $45.00, but then I have read in this forum, if you booked your trip via Wyndham Reservations it is automatic, you don't need too. Any recent experience with this? Is it worth it to get if it isn't included in the reservation?

2. What about execursion companies? Any recommendations? We are thinking about doing 1 or 2 and looking for recommendations.

3. Is it really difficult to get reservations at the restaurant?

4. We will be there on New Year's Eve. I was wondering if the resort does anything to ring in the new year?

5. Any other tips you can share would be awesome and appreciated!

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,677 posts
1,317 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viva Wyndham Domincus Beach - Lots of questions

We inquired about the VIP and got an email for $45 price, we didnt pay and figured when we checked in we would see if we wanted to. We had booked online thru Wyndham. So we checked in and they said O you are VIP and gave us VIP bracelets--no extra charge.

Since we were VIP we were able to reserve our restaurant reservations with no hassle and no extra charge except for Atlantis which was worth it.

nyc
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viva Wyndham Domincus Beach - Lots of questions

Its good to know u get VIP at the beach side too. Llollygirl, was getting a room over by the atlantis difficult? Where the rooms remodeled? Thats the area id like to stay when I visit again.

Thanks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,677 posts
1,317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Viva Wyndham Domincus Beach - Lots of questions

No they are not updated. The bungalows were a 3 star

nyc
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Viva Wyndham Domincus Beach - Lots of questions

Thanks.

5. Re: Viva Wyndham Domincus Beach - Lots of questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2014, 05:19