We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams in July

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
734 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams in July

So, I should stop reading old threads. Is there truth to the fact that for days or even weeks after a storm the bay at Dreams LA Romana could be murky? Is July a time to worry about this? I always doubt my choice once I have booked and paid for a new destination. I had to choose between Dreams LR and Now Larimar. My big fear is crowded beach and cloudy sea. Beach does look a bit congested in photos. Ugh I know a lot if you have given me great feedback. I really should stop reading old negative threads

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,227 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams in July

The only time I've seen a "not crystal clear" water in Bayahibe during the 8+ years I've been here is when we had bad weather few years ago and the sea was wavy for couple days. I guess you mixed up the resort, it is GBP (Grand Bahia Principe) La Romana that has murky water.

If you find the beach "too crowned", there is a public beach next door that is always empty (or most of the time, it might get busier on the weekends.

Don't read any review anymore and count the days down. You will have a great time!

Denise

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
734 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams in July

Thanks Denise. You are right. I am very excited to go to D.R. for the first time

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams in July

Hi Janine ,,

I was the same as you before we went to Dreams , I worried about everything i read , like getting ill , the sea , the food etc , but i really had nothing to worry about , we were there for 2 weeks in November and it was lovely , the sea is gorgeous , clear and warm for the entire holiday . Stop reading the reviews i wish i hadnt bothered :-) , just look forward to your holiday , i wish i was going again this year !

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
734 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams in July

Thank you Bondfamily! That's very reassuring. I really worry too much. Glad to hear you liked it so much!

5. Re: Dreams in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 05:20