We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams La Romana - March 16 to 23! Anybody else?

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams La Romana - March 16 to 23! Anybody else?

I will be back at Dreams next month for about my 18th visit over the last 10 years. I couldn't be more excited! :o) I am visiting with 3 other people, one Dreams and DR virgin and a couple with whom I've traveled before. Will anybody else be there then?

Weather and health permitting, I will be doing this excursion during the week: www.seavisbayahibe.com/tanamariverday_e.htm

Have you any questions or do you want pictures of anything?

Kaki

Merchantville, NJ
Level Contributor
36 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams La Romana - March 16 to 23! Anybody else?

We will miss you by a few days Kaki. We will be there from March 7th to March 14th. Can't wait! Have a great trip.

12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams La Romana - March 16 to 23! Anybody else?

We will be there March 10 to 17! I am trying to decide what excursions we should do.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams La Romana - March 16 to 23! Anybody else?

We'll be there from the 14th to the 21st Flying with Sunwing from TO not my favorite airline but the price was alot better then the rest. We got our Edocs the other day and they changed our return flight from Laromana to Punta Cana. Originally when we booked it was Laromana-Laromana.

I think they changed the return because the week before 8-14 is Ontario's spring break week so there will be a full plane returning from Laromana while the week after when we return they just grouped us in with the Punta Cana flight. I know they change flight times all the time but haven't had one in a long time..

The downside is the trip to the airport is longer and the flight arrives later back in TO.

The upside is we get a couple extra hours at the resort the last day. and the flight lands after friday rush hour traffic in TO... Sigh... Sunwing... Would have prefered Air Transat or Westjet but cost was about $300 pp more. and they only fly into PC.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
695 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams La Romana - March 16 to 23! Anybody else?

too bad, will be doing excursion Tuesday March 25, our second time for the saona vip tour. Totally enjoyed the last one! staying at viva palace. Have heard good things about Saona Café-Bayahibe,,, will be checking it out!! Any favourite dishes,,, anyone??

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams La Romana - March 16 to 23! Anybody else?

Hello fellow Canadians! Wife and I will be at dreams from 21 to 28. That excursion looks interesting. I'm into nature photography...have you done that tour before, and of so, what kinds of animals would you expect to see? I'm always a bit skeptical of photos on websites. Which day will u be doing that tour?

Our schedule will be dictated by our dive schedule, which hasn't been booked yet.

Do you have any recommendations on DR cultural excursions? Would a trip into Santa Domingo satisfy that?

Thanks in advance!

Tim

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams La Romana - March 16 to 23! Anybody else?

Hello fellow Canadians! Wife and I will be at dreams from 21 to 28. That Tanama River excursion looks interesting. I'm into nature photography...have you done that tour before, and of so, what kinds of animals would you expect to see? I'm always a bit skeptical of photos on websites. Which day will u be doing that tour?

Our schedule will be dictated by our dive schedule, which hasn't been booked yet.

Do you have any recommendations on DR cultural excursions? Would a trip into Santa Domingo satisfy that?

Thanks in advance!

Tim

Edited: 27 February 2014, 07:42
Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams La Romana - March 16 to 23! Anybody else?

@chut7 if you're into nature photography talk to Robert, Seavis's photographer and guide. He takes most of the photos used on their Facebook page and website - no need to be skeptical all the photos there are real :)

Have fun !

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams La Romana - March 16 to 23! Anybody else?

I love the Seavis Saona VIP! I have done it at least a half dozen times (I believe that it is mandatory for all who are new to the DR) and I go along with all new friends that I bring to the island. I am traveling with a newbie this time too, but he's happy to just go on the one that I have deemed the must-do of this trip, so no VIP for me. Next time though! We are going on Friday, March 21 on the "Complete" tour, seen here: http://www.seavisbayahibe.com/catalina_e.htm There is a stop at Catalina Island, a cruise up the Chavon River, lunch and the afternoon at the Tanama Jungle Ranch. For exposure to the most inspiring nature opportunities, I think that Seavis's eco-based tours are all good. The Two Islands tour is great too. The walk through the water to the hidden cave and seeing all the natural and untouched photo opps of Catalinita Island are bonuses of that tour. You get a long chance at snorkelling too. The boat goes through the protected mangroves too. You can't see that just anywhere.

Tim, if you like the idea of Santo Domingo, I'd certainly recommend the trip. I appreciate history, culture, architecture, and seeing the heart of a country. An all-inclusive isn't the best for showing that. I love the undersea world as well, so once you get a bit of that indigenous part of the DR, Santo Domingo may be a really good foil and show you the other side as well. It can be a long day, lots of it spent in your transport, but, again if you're into that kind of stuff, it's well-used time. I have been to the capital on a couple of occasions, seeing something or getting something more out of it on each repeat, one time even spending a night so I had two full days to explore. For such a long day's outing, you can see a lot of highlights and important landmarks. There are other tours as well, taking you out into the country, allowing a glimpse into the lives of the sugarcane workers and the tobacco industry. Both are angles of the country, but unless you can do three tours, you may have to select the one that appeals to your interests more. With an artistic eye, there will lots of photographic opportunities, but possibly fewer nature ones on the trip to Santo Domingo.

If you happen to be at the hotel for a bit of time when I am, please send me a note so you can know which name to ask for, or say hi if you see me on the beach! We can talk about what a good time we're having. :o)

Kaki

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams La Romana - March 16 to 23! Anybody else?

Thanks Kaki, is booking through the resort the best way for a tour of Santo Domingo? Or do you have another one to recommend?

We'll be going to Saona as part of our scuba trip, but we're looking forward to hanging about on the island as well. Perhaps we'll take the river tour.

I'll definitely look you up when we arrive.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dreams La Romana - March 16 to 23! Anybody else?

Added to the plan...the Saona Crusoe VIP tour on Thursday, March 20. http://www.seavisbayahibe.com/Saona_e.htm There are a few more seats available on the boat. I'm sure it will be another spectacular day. I am still doing the Complete tour on Friday, March 21. http://www.seavisbayahibe.com/catalina_e.htm

At a week away, it becomes really exciting, right?

Kaki :D