We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Preferred Club VS Standard at Dreams LaRoma

Deshler, Ohio
Level Contributor
293 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Preferred Club VS Standard at Dreams LaRoma

What are the differences between the two? Is one a time share? Are they trying to sell you one?

Thanx

Coventry, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Preferred Club VS Standard at Dreams LaRoma

It is essentially an upgrade over the standard package.

Look here and follow the link: http://www.dreamsresorts.com/la-romana

The price varies between tour operators, and it can also be done as an upgrade upon arrival, but you face the possibility of missing out if the resort is very full....

Deshler, Ohio
Level Contributor
293 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Preferred Club VS Standard at Dreams LaRoma

Thank you, do you know what the upgrades vs standard?

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Preferred Club VS Standard at Dreams LaRoma

If you book preferred club:

- your room is in the preferred club section that surrounds the preferred club pool. You have access to the preferred club pool and rooms are a little more nicely apportioned. The preferred club pool area is a very quiet area. If you want to feel more like your at your own private resort this would be area for you (I'm not a big fan of the quiet pool but that is my preference).

- You get access to the preferred club lounge. Normally has better alcohol choices / snacks all day long

- you get Seaside Grill for breakfast out on the ocean. If your not preferred club your options are the Coco Café (coffee shop), World Café Buffet, or Room service. With preferred you have sit down breakfast menu on the ocean.

- preferred club private lounge area beside beach / seaside grill. Not best location in my opinion but it is an extra area for sun bathing.

- free internet - get codes from the concierge in the preferred club lounge. Will not be as big a benefit once they implement their resort wide free internet .... but I don't think that is happening until mid-summer.

Edited: 24 March 2014, 22:41
Sheffield, england
Level Contributor
421 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Preferred Club VS Standard at Dreams LaRoma

Hi cbl1,

Thank you for the information, we are back to DLR in June our 4th visit and always upgrade to the Preferred club and was wondering if there were any changes, I note you mention an area near beach/ seaside grill is this just for PC guests and is it near the PC beach area and what can you get there? Thanks Dawnieb90

Deshler, Ohio
Level Contributor
293 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Preferred Club VS Standard at Dreams LaRoma

Cbl1, I picked this resort based on the best place to snorkel from a hotel in DR. That being said if you are facing the water and your back is to the resort, what side are the Preferred Rooms on? Is it basically an adults only thing? Do you know if they have 1st floor rooms that open on the beach?

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Preferred Club VS Standard at Dreams LaRoma

dawnieb90 - I was talking about the Preferred Club beach area that is directly in front of the Italian/French restaurants.

Onthego - If you are facing the water with your back to the resort the preferred club rooms are your rooms on your right side. The preferred club beach area is near the #46 (Veranda Bar) on the map. It has a rocky ledge separating it from the regular beach/water (have been told there is a path through the rocks directly into water - which is also where the reef is)

Here is a very good map of Dreams La Romana - Buildings 7 and 8 are the preferred club (see the pool between them)

travelbybob.com/img/resort/resort-maps/La-Ro…

There are some rooms on the very end of the buildings (several are family suites and some are ocean view honeymoon suites). The rest of the rooms diagonally face the ocean.

Here is photo link - this is taken from second floor about 1/4 way back in building 2 facing toward building 3 (over the infinity pool that has the swim up bar)

https:/…20110.JPG

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Preferred Club VS Standard at Dreams LaRoma

No the preferred club area is not adults only - - but since no kids activities in the preferred club area you would be hard pressed to find any kids hanging out there.

The kids are mostly around the main pool in the center - where the core zone is.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Preferred Club VS Standard at Dreams LaRoma

oops . . my post above should have said buildings 5 and 7 are the preferred club with the pool between. Sorry.

Deshler, Ohio
Level Contributor
293 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Preferred Club VS Standard at Dreams LaRoma

Cbl1, Wow thank you for great information! May I pick your brain for a few more questions?

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Preferred Club VS Standard at Dreams LaRoma

Go right ahead