We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams La Romana vs. Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
336 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams La Romana vs. Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville

Ready to book (via Orbitz)! Flying to La Romana airport (May 26).

Looking at Dreams La Romana vs. Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville (the new one).

Love everything about Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville, but sea water, which is a huge factor for me. :(( Love AO atmosphere.

Like things about Dreams La Romana, but a bit outdated: will not upgrade... One review mentioned: "Music tends to blast throughout the middle of the day on the beach"... Not my kind of fun...

Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville is $120 more, but still within a budget...

What do you think?

Thank you in advance.

Inella.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams La Romana vs. Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville

From a Dreams La Romana prospective. I would consider the rooms fairly basic. Clean but not high scale luxury or anything. Resort itself is kept pristine. The beach bar area has a lot of music and action. However, as you go east on the beach it is pretty quiet. Especially right where it borders the public beach section. Upgrading to preferred would give you the quietest pool area. I found the infinity pool where the swim up bar is to be not overly loud or active.

nyc
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams La Romana vs. Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville

The beach is much better at dreams laromana. You wont be in your room all day so decor isnt that important.

New York
Level Contributor
336 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams La Romana vs. Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville

Thank you guys. Looks like we are off to Dream La Romana, in May.

Inella.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
40 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams La Romana vs. Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville

I think you'll really enjoy Dreams La Romana. We certainly did!

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams La Romana vs. Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville

The music is only on for a short period of time for the Water Aerobics. After that, it is really much quieter unless you are within an arms length of the various bar areas. I have heard that Bouganville is very nice but for the money, Dreams was absoutely fantastic.

Enjoy your trip!

New York
Level Contributor
336 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams La Romana vs. Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville

Thank you all. Because of your advises, I did book Dreams La Romana! 47 days for me!!!

Inella.

7. Re: Dreams La Romana vs. Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 07:16