We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bayahibe day trip?

Indianapolis...
9 posts
Save Topic
bayahibe day trip?

wife and i will be arriving in just a week. wanted to say thanks to all who have helped with questions and concerns. this forum is a great asset to all travelers to the region. i think we've pretty much got ourselves ready from everything from the airport, the transportation and the VWDB resort. one question though and this is probably more of a personal preference thing, but we would like to walk do bayahibe one day and just check out the village. understand that it's about a 45 minute walk (which we are fit so no worries there). just wondering if anyone would like to recommend a laid back place for lunch, preferbly on the beach or somewhere with great views and atmosphere. on the lower end of the $$ cost would be preferable to. we'd just like to have a small bite and a few good stiff drinks. thanks again everyone. cheers!

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bayahibe day trip?

The first restaurant you will see when you get to the village (after you pass the baseball field) will be BArco Bar on you felt. Nice place, great view, good food and drinks too. If you continue further down the street you will see Capitan Kidd bar - a great location, not too cheap. Mare Nuestro further down, probabaly the biggest menu in town, nice view from the upstairs restaurant. Continue walking and you will see Saona Cafe and Chiky Blu, Saona Cafe is more fine dining place, but also best burgers in town and great drinks, Chiky Blu - good pasta, good drinks. Few more restaurant if you continue walking - Mama Mia, Comodoro and around the corner (to the right) the famous El Cafecito de la Cubana - good food, the best mojito in town (I think), my favorite is passion fruit mojito. And you will have a great view of the Bayahibe marina away from all the "tourist" rush.

All of the restaurants are by the beach.

In case you want to stay in Dominicus, walk on the beach all the way to Anani bar (towards the National park - left from the resort if you face the sea), they have nice snacks, good drinks and awesome view.

Happy Travel

Denise

PS

Make sure to take water with you if you decide to walk to Bayahibe, even though the pathway is partly in the shade, it gets really hot!

2. Re: bayahibe day trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Bayahibe