We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family room number for sea view

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
167 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Family room number for sea view

This is a bit of a long shot but does anyone know the room numbers of the family rooms with a sea view? I believe these rooms are in block 3. Which floor is the best 1st or 2nd. Any information is much appreciated.

Kind regards

MrsM2be

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
6,652 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family room number for sea view

We ugraded to a partial ocean in bldg 2 and stayed on the 3rd floor which affords the best view but our room 2344 was a standard room. Are you looking at the oceanfront suites in bldg 3 or is there a "family room" category I haven't heard of?

The oceanfront rooms at bldg 3 appeared to be in the best spot for non-PC ocean views and less pool noise than bldgs 2 & 4...

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
167 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family room number for sea view

On the Dreams website there is a room type listed 'family room' sleeping upto 5 people with ocean view. Louise said that the 'family rooms' are in building 3 which is not in the preferred block but I believe you can still upgrade to preferred status.

Kind regards

MrsM2be

Hartford...
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family room number for sea view

Hello,

We've also booked a family room, which I understand based on info in the DLR brochere that there are 8 of these rooms in block 3, ocean front. I, too, am curious whether it is best to be on the 1st or 2nd floor for the view. I've read other posts that suggest if you are on the first floor, you can walk straight to the pool, although I can't imagine you can lock the patio door behind you. If you find out anything about the family rooms or their associated views, please post. Additionally, we would consider a PC upgrade if available. Husband has one of those jobs that requires him to be available, so internet is pretty importmant. I look forward to any helpful advice.

Thanks!

Sheffield, england
Level Contributor
386 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family room number for sea view

I am at DLR now, I have found this link that May be useful for you if gives info on rooms and where they are located, when they say 1st & 2nd floor they mean ground floor & 1st floor, all buildings are either 2 or 3 stories high.

Block 3 overlooks the infinity pool, if I get chance tomorrow I will take a picture of it for you, I'm hoping to have a look at a family room before we leave for when we return with our family.

amresorts.com/mediasite/…drelr_pg.pdf

Sheffield, england
Level Contributor
386 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family room number for sea view

I am at DLR now, I have found this link that May be useful for you if gives info on rooms and where they are located, when they say 1st & 2nd floor they mean ground floor & 1st floor, all buildings are either 2 or 3 stories high.

Block 3 overlooks the infinity pool, if I get chance tomorrow I will take a picture of it for you, I'm hoping to have a look at a family room before we leave for when we return with our family.

amresorts.com/mediasite/…drelr_pg.pdf

Hartford...
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family room number for sea view

Thanks. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
167 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family room number for sea view

You're so helpful Dawn. I haven't really seen anyone write anything about the family rooms. I'm aware there are connecting rooms but I wonder if the family rooms are different. It says on website 2 rooms 2 bathrooms. I didn't realise that 1st floor means ground floor in which case would 2nd floor or 3rd floor be best?? If you get to look at a family room that would be great.

Kind regards

MrsM2be

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
6,652 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family room number for sea view

We noted while there in April that the ocean front rooms at bldg 3 (as compared to bldg 2 & 4 at least) were in a much quieter spot in relation to the pools and traffic. The first floor is open to everyone's view, and I would imagine that the view fron the 2nd floor would be nicer. But we were also on the 3rd floor of bldg 2 and the tree tops interfered with the view. We didn't stay in the OF but while walking from the infinity pool to the main pool the bldg 3 ocean front location looked much nicer than that of 2 and 4.

You can also find specific room info from poring through the DLR reviews here and messaging the poster for more details, and Louise, the e-concierge can certainly help with these questions as well.

econcierge.dreir@dreamsresorts.com

Edited: 10 June 2014, 11:12
Sheffield, england
Level Contributor
386 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family room number for sea view

Dear Robemma & Angela

I have been and taken pictures of the interior of the family rooms in block 3 and views from the rooms and will post ASAP ( but time for a cocktail now) it's 10:30 am lol.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
167 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family room number for sea view

WOWZER Dawn you're amazing!

I'm so grateful that you've taken time out of your holiday to help me with my queries, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

If there's anything I can do in return please let me know. Enjoy your cocktails and the rest of your holiday!

Kind regards

MrsM2be