We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

floats/rafts

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
735 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
floats/rafts

Dreams LR July 26: I am bringing floats from home. Can I get them blown up there? Where should I go for this? Will be returning to our boring float free lives on 4th of August. Looking for ia family or group to adopt our rafts....Two weeks to go, good gawd i hope we like it.

Tirol, Austria
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: floats/rafts

Down at the beach where you get the towels they will blow up floats etc. for you - they are really friendly and helpful!

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
735 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: floats/rafts

Thanks allmynames!!

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
6,924 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: floats/rafts

We blew them up ourselves as nothing was available at the towel hut but try them. The dive center was too far away to worry about...

We just left ours with a family at the pool who had just arrived with kids so we were happy they could enjoy them for another week.

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: floats/rafts

Saw some amazing pool beds in Dom Rep a couple of years back. They are like a mesh in the middle and you just blow up the outside edge.

Some American holiday makers were using them, the name was Swimways I think. Looked for them on Amazon for purchase in the UK and the are coming up at about £30 sterling, which is a bit pricey.

Lorraine

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
735 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: floats/rafts

Ippworth I brought them to Mexico last year. They are great, but not as buoyant as full blow ups.

new jersey
Level Contributor
801 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: floats/rafts

are the ones with the mesh in the middle used for the ocean? its more suited for the current to paddle out.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
735 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: floats/rafts

I used mine in a really calm sea in Mexico. But they really aren't as buoyant as I like.the best part though is that it weighed a fraction of a blowup raft in my suitcase.

new jersey
Level Contributor
801 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: floats/rafts

janine the sea is calmer here. i used a full blowup with cup holders in the pool and some ocean time. but when it came to snorkel a little further out. didn't work LOL so for sure getting one with a net.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
735 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: floats/rafts

Yup. Hoping to break some floating records next week. My 14 year old can refresh my beverages for me to extend my float times ;-)

I only hope water has a little movement. Too calm not fun. We will see...

Edited: 19 July 2014, 15:24
North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
6,924 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: floats/rafts

After a high sea swell and wind blew through our first few days the sea was very calm and we enjoyed floating on the soft waves for hours in cheap dollar store inflatable rafts. Def worth packing.

Edited: 19 July 2014, 15:56