We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DLR questions

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
148 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
DLR questions

Hi all

Just a couple questions......

Will be arriving on 12 October just wondering what the weather will be like and how full the hotel is likely to be then

We are booked in preferred club and like to be in a quiet room and preferably not the ground floor, I am going to contact Louise but just wondering where is best suited to us

Thanks

Chris

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,294 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DLR questions

October is usually a very slow month, so the hotel won't be busy.

As for the weather, it's hard to predict these days of course. You might know that October is still part of the official hurricane season in Caribbean, so we might get some showers or a bit windy, all depends on the storm activities (if any). But it will be still warm, around 28 - 30 C / 82 - 86 F during the day, 22 - 24 C / 72 - 75 F at night.

Happy travel

Denise

Sheffield, england
Level Contributor
408 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DLR questions

Hi Chris,

We have been twice at the end of October and on both occasions had the odd shower during the day and night time but they have passed quickly.

We always stop in Preferred club in block 7 top floor room 7333, you are overlooking the Preferred pool and bar with side views of the ocean and gardens, so if you asked for a room in that vicinity I don't think you would be disappointed.

I have a lot of pictures of that room and views from the room which I can sent you if you want to PM me your email address.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,039 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DLR questions

I prefer the views and the vaulted ceilings of the 3rd floor rooms. For quiet, the extra floor takes you a bit further from the ground level activities as well, but depending on the noise you are trying to avoid, you may not like another feature of the 3rd floor rooms that I love so much: the sound of rain on the roof. It feels like you're in a remote cottage with a tin roof and I love it, but it can get loud in a downpour. Those don't last that long usually, rolling in and out, but it's something to be borne in mind. Also bear in mind that the hotel doesn't have elevators so climbing to the 3rd floor may feel like a challenge when weary, but it's also a good way to burn off a creamy cocktail.

I find that October is one of the very slowest months at the hotel. You'll notice less of a fight for loungers in the prime locations on the beach and shorter lines in the buffet, but the hotel may also close a few more restaurants on any one night not needing that many seats available. If you sense that that is a trend, make sure you check with the Sundial or Concierge to see what's closed on any one day so that you can be sure to fit in that stop on another day when it is open. It doesn't have to be a problem that some a la cartes are unavailable; my mom's favourite restaurant at the hotel is the buffet!

Kaki

4. Re: DLR questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 06:16