We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A must read when visiting Bayahibe!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,058 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
A must read when visiting Bayahibe!

I just referenced this collection of information and was reminded of its value. If you want to know about lots of things that you can do, already did or are considering doing in the area, check it out. There is at least one inaccuracy (I believe Barco Bar, one of my favourite places, has closed) but you can absolutely still use it as a reference.

A bus ride or relatively cheap cab ride can take you all around Bayahibe and Dominicus and into La Romana too. Stop at Jumbo in La Romana to pick up your stash of rum for selection and the cheap price. While there, take a look at the jams made from local tropical fruit and pick up some music. Grocery stores tell you a lot about a foreign culture!

http://dr1.com/travel/laromanaguide.pdf

Kaki

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,798 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: A must read when visiting Bayahibe!

This is now part of the Top Questions about Bayahibe and La Romana, a great and informative guide.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,058 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A must read when visiting Bayahibe!

That's great! I wonder how many people refer to the Top Questions though!!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,058 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A must read when visiting Bayahibe!

RV, I see that there are misspellings to the name Bayahibe in two locations in the link on this page. Can you get that corrected please? Thanks!

Kaki

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,798 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: A must read when visiting Bayahibe!

Some use Top Questions, some don't. Those who use smart phones, can't see it I'm told.

I'll ask my assistant to correct the spelling.

new jersey
Level Contributor
801 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A must read when visiting Bayahibe!

thanks kaki very informative. good to see DR1 is going to be on the list.

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A must read when visiting Bayahibe!

Fantastic information... Thank you so much for the time you put into this post Kaki!

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A must read when visiting Bayahibe!

Thanks for bumping this up. I was just getting ready to start researching things to do when we visit in November!

8. Re: A must read when visiting Bayahibe!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2016, 05:17