We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code for iberostar del mar?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
369 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Dress code for iberostar del mar?

O.k I have read somewhere that for men or young men 17 & 18 it is ok to wear jeans(NICE JEANS) & a nice top is ok for the specialty resteraunts true or not? Also for the night buffet is it ok for them to wear nice shorts and top(kackis)please someone help with this one we leave in one weak!

Georgetown, Canada
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code for iberostar del mar?

You can pretty much wear anything to the buffet ( and I think we've just about seen it all!!) As far as the men or young men, they are required to wear long pants, collared shirt (my son wore polo's a couple of times), and closed shoes. If you are leaving in one week, it is hot, hot, hot, and humid right now. I would imagine that jeans would be uncomfortable, but who knows!! My husband and son wore kakhis and were comfy. We did see one man wearing jeans at the Lindo's Italian restaurant one night, but that's it!! I have also read that jeans might be o.k., but I just told my son, that it wouldn't kill him to wear something nice for a couple of hours (of course, as soon as dinner was done, we were back in our rooms, getting changed for the night activities!!!) I would bring a backup pair of light pants, just in case............Enjoy, it's an awesome resort!!

Johnson City, TN
Level Contributor
453 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code for iberostar del mar?

I have found that linen pants are the way to go for men. They are very lightweight and not as hot as jeans or khakis.

3. Re: Dress code for iberostar del mar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 04:18