We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I´m at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso as I type....

Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
I´m at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso as I type....

Hi, we´re at the Grand having a grand time. We were greeted with the chilled towel and champagne, we mentioned it was our anniversary and upgraded to ocean front for $50.00 USD a day which is worth the money. Arrived and 1:00 and room was ready, had lunch at Bellavista buffet (huge grilled shrimp, 2 lobster tails, frozen margaritas, and chips with fresh guacamole). Ordered cheesecake and champagne while unpacking which also was great. Worked really hard to loose 20 lbs before coming and probably gained it all back today. If you have any questions please feel free to ask, I´ll respond as soon as possible.

Hoffman Estates
Level Contributor
283 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: I´m at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso as I type....

All,

Thank you so much for the information. After reading what a couple of you said, I'm not so worried about my kids (again 22 and 25) at the resort. I guess that with their ages they woud be find at most adults only resorts, but I am more worried about having them feel self conscious thinking they were at romantic places.

We have been to a few resorts right around Playa Del Carman over the last few yearsand I know the kids will love 5th Avenue (day and night). I'll just have to give them some tips so they stay safe if they go into town at night by themselves.

K, so before I said I had only a couple questions.....now I guess I have a couple more. First, I need to get my bearings. Where is the Iberostar Grand Paraiso in relation to Playacar. Last November we stayed at the Royal Hideaway in Playacar, which was approximately a 20 minute walk into PDC.

Next, can you walk around outside of the hotel? In Playacar it is basically a gated community where you can walk safely up and down the streets. Just kinda curious.

And beach area? How is the beach? Can you go in the water? Probably a dumb question but I am asking anyway. :) Also, can you walk along the beach.....and walk and walk and walk? Guess what I like to do! :)

Lastly I think I recall hearing about being able to upgrade to oceanview suites. DId I read right? And does anyone have any pix?

Sorry to be such a pain.....I'm just trying to absorb as much info as I can.

Thanks!

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: I´m at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso as I type....

xpreciousp,

The Grand is part of an Iberostar complex that has 5 resorts at it. It is in rather a remote location and you won't be walking anywhere off the resort. It's a 30 minute ride South from the Cancun airport (off highway 307). If you are traveling with an all inclusive travel company like Apple or Funjet it will probably be the first stop from the airport (and you'll probably be the last ones picked up on the day you leave to go to the airport (big advantage). To go to Playa del Carmen you travel for another 20 minutes down highway 307. So it's location is between Cancun and Playa Del Carmen.

At the Grande you will have a beautiful view of the ocean (the infinity salt water pool looks out over the ocean and looks so nice). The beach directly in front of the Grande however is rocky and you have to move to the left a little or the right a little to enter the ocean. Most people who go here say it's not a big issue at all. To see the pictures you want just look on the left of this page and click on "Playa Paraiso Hotels" The Grande will come up #1. Click into it and read the recent reviews (click the title of the review and you'll be able to read the detailed reviews). At the top of the review page click on "candid travelers photos" and you'll find pages and pages of pictures.

Hoffman Estates
Level Contributor
283 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: I´m at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso as I type....

Hi Kaola,

You just basically gave me the answer I wasn't hoping to hear. I'm guessing that The Grand is very near to Secrets Capri. Don't get me wrong, we loved Secrets......great great hotel, but we hated the fact that you couldn't leave the resort. Other than taking a taxi into town on the 307. And we couldn't go in the water either due to the rocky entry. Now I know exactly where the hotel is at. Fooey!! :)

Guess it's back to figuring out hotels further south and closer to PDC. Perhaps back over in the Playacar area. I know there are two Iberostars there (Tucan and Queztal). I think they have more children than we are wanting on this vacation however.

Again thanks for the help!

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: I´m at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso as I type....

xpeciousp,

Check out the Royal Playa Del Carmen. It's adults only and gets great reviews. You can walk to 5th Ave. Go to the Playa Del Carmen site and read the reviews and look at the "candid travelers photos"

Hoffman Estates
Level Contributor
283 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: I´m at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso as I type....

Hi Kaola,

I believe I looked at the hotel and reviews sometime in the last few days but after looking at so many different ones, I'll have to look again to refresh my memory. I appreciate the help!! :)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,351 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: I´m at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso as I type....

xpreciousp-

My husband & I stayed at Riu Palace Mexico and although it's not technically adults only (we have none) there were very few as this hotel does not cater to kids as the other Rius on the street do. It's right near where you stayed last time so trips into town are the same short walk . The hotel is beautiful, food is great and the beach is the nicest in the area. Your kids can also take advantage of the higher level of entertainment by going right across the street the other sister hotel. You can also usually get great deals.

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
322 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: I´m at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso as I type....

Was wondering if the private honeymoon suites are open yet? They are supposed to have a private plunge pool. Have you seen them or do you know? Planning on going in 2008 for 25th Anniversary.

Thanks for any info,

robmora
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
38. Re: I´m at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso as I type....

I also wanted to know about the honeymoon suites. There is precious little info online on the website. I am planning a trip there in November for my honeymoon, and I'm wondering if it's worth the extra coin.

Thanks,

Lubbock Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: I´m at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso as I type....

how are things there in reference to the hurricane. Was there much damage and what did you have to do this morning? Hope everyone is o.k.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,038 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: I´m at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso as I type....

For those asking about the HM suites, you might want to look on the Iberostar board. I'm 99.9% sure that's where I saw the pictures of them. They look gorgeous.

The website is www.iberostar-board.com.

Just sign up and you'll find a lot of great information on PDC, the resorts, and lots of pictures, too. Hope this helps.