We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberastar Grand condition after Dean

texas
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Iberastar Grand condition after Dean

Has anyone seen the beach at the Grand since Dean? We called the hotel and they said it's open but I'm not sure how much of that to believe.

We leave this Fri, the 31st!

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberastar Grand condition after Dean

Hello, Am sitting in the computer room of the Grand as I type ....they have 3 computers that are free for anyone to use. Beach is open...but not exactly swimmable. There have been bulldozers going back and forth every day, shifting and smoothing sand.....not exactly peaceful......BUT they are working very hard to try and clean beach.......TONS of seaweed in the ocean and it's not very inviting; but each day has become cleaner ...tho the smell of rotting seaweed isnt exactly pleasant. However, they do have lots of workers trying to gather it up and put it in large black plastic bags to be hauled away. However, there ARE some jellyfish which has stopped ME from entering the water; a bit disappointing as I am a beach person......Even today, the ocean looks cleaner.....but there has just been a long thunderstorm with heavy rain all day up till now. Since Saturday when we arrived, it has been blue skies and sunshine. The occupancy at the Grand is VERY low and they have 3 a la cartes.......two open every night Surf and Turf, Italian and the Gourmet and Japanese open on alternate nights. Everything is up and running perfectly - wonderful food, drink, accommodations and friendly people. Those of us here, are having a great time together! Unless it is absolutely imperative for you to enter the ocean, IMHO there is nothing to stop you coming here. The ocean front building that was occupied before Dean, was closed for a couple of nights, but reopened on Sat night. They gave us a free upgrade to an oceanview room from standard room......gorgeous rooms! Excuse the typing....keyboard is different and I cant find a lot of the punctuation marks! Im sure that each day the sea will become cleaner. Hope to see you before we leave on Sat!

texas
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberastar Grand condition after Dean

Thank you so much for the candid reply. It helps set my expectations. We are scheduled to arrive early afternoon on Friday and have reservations in an ocean front room. Hopefully they will have made more progress on the beach before we get there. I never thought about the jellyfish. I'm definately not a fan of those! The smell would be annoying as well. Can you smell it in your room? Do you get used to it or is in always there? Are the other Iberastar's beaches as bad?

3. Re: Iberastar Grand condition after Dean

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 23:18