We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IB Grand Review dated Mar. 28

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
IB Grand Review dated Mar. 28

Um, am I missing something? Ostrich enclosure??? I know we drank pretty steadily throughout the week we were there but I definitely would have remembered that!

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
3,674 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IB Grand Review dated Mar. 28

LOL... I was thinking the same thing!

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IB Grand Review dated Mar. 28

They sure were not at the same resort we were at. The latest review is also very inaccurate, stating that the cost is $1000 per day. How ridiculous. Who would pay that amount. We sure did not and we had an ocean front room. The person also complains about the bar service which we found to be excellent and the lack of some mexican food which we found to be readily available.

Southern Maine
Level Contributor
645 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IB Grand Review dated Mar. 28

I would think that the more you drank, the more likely you would be to see the ostriches.

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
342 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IB Grand Review dated Mar. 28

Sheesh, I thought I was loosing it reading that review, and I was sober! Ostrich . . . I think we should ALL PM that person and ask.... 'Really, where were you and how much had to had to drink?"

Never heard anything like that before. And that whole money issue thing too . . . we're paying a good amount but $1000 a night, nnaahh - seems they went into it expecting waaay too much!

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
369 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IB Grand Review dated Mar. 28

Maybe the ostrich person was referring to one of the other IB resorts? Are there any "bird" like cages around? Maybe even flamingos? Maybe they confused those? ha ha. In any event I defintely don't know where the people that paid 1000 per night stayed, yikes, sounds like someone got a bad deal and from what I've read the Grand has great items not listedo n the menu, not to mention how did she not end up hearing about the taco stand in the commercial center if she really wanted a taco that bad?! I wish some people did more research or if they didn't feel like at least didn't blame the resort for their disatisfaction for refusing to visit the adjoining resorts?? We are going to the grand in August/September, found a great deal and just can't wait to get there!!!

NH
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: IB Grand Review dated Mar. 28

I believe the same review recommended the place for "Pet owners, Families with young children, Families with teenagers..." Hmmmm. very curious.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: IB Grand Review dated Mar. 28

Did they see pink elephants too? Really--where do they come from? They must be thinking of another resort.

Sewell, NJ
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: IB Grand Review dated Mar. 28

I also noticed that the post with the $1000 a night mentioned that one was not able to order quesadilla's or taco's. This is untrue because my husband ordered chicken quesadilla's every day for lunch and I had shrimp and lobter ones. I also ordered shrimp and lobster fajitas, which were out of this world. Cost ended up being around $500 a night for 2-not sure where the $1000 came from , unless maybe that was the corner room with jacuzzi on balcony oceanfront?

I thought that the service from the butler's was great. Even though they were there to serve everyone, they found out what we especially liked and made sure that we had it.

USA
Level Contributor
698 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: IB Grand Review dated Mar. 28

hey pink flamingos or ostrichs - they are all birds with long legs right! :) I can't wait to see the ostrichs myself with a little Tequila to help.

Southern Maine
Level Contributor
645 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: IB Grand Review dated Mar. 28

That's what I figured- must've been flamingos.

If not- I'm headed to find the pink ostriches! Maybe I'll get to ride one!