We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Reviews

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
342 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Reviews

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask if anyone's been there recently?! There's no new (good) reviews? Plus, the little reviews that have been posted don't go much into detail and no one has posted any pictures?!?!!?

Anyone out there just back or soon to leave?

We head out May 3rd ~ and I would like to see how things are in April!!!

Thanks everyone,

Amy

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
53 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Reviews

6 or so review posts in last week...

What would you like to know?

Any specific questions that I can help you with?

Wife and I just got back yesterday.

With regard to pictures, not much has changed.

Think of the most exclusive palace in the Arab Emirates, and that's the inside.

Think of the most beautiful beach scape you can imagine beyond a stunning infinity pool, and that's the outside.

Boston
Level Contributor
157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Reviews

ok I am posting mine now. Just got back on tuesday and I am so afraid I may leave something out. It was the most amazing vacation we have had and you will truly love it. I am sorry to the people who wrote bad reviews about it - my husband and I just shook our heads and said "how could anyone find anything wrong with this resort?" We started joking saying ok that rug is crooked. Also bring water bottles to the gym with you there is only paper cups. But honestly how petty a complaint is that?? We really could not find anything to take our permasmile away!

Media, PA
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Reviews

Just got back Tuesday also and thought it was the most beautiful resort I have ever been to. One of the latest reviews (I can't remember the title) ignore. Sorry, but this person just joined that day. I swear they are from other resorts trying to bring negitave carma to great resorts! This place was truly Grand. If you need to know anything specific just ask and we will tell but I can promise you that you will think you died and went to Heaven!

Media, PA
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand Reviews

The Review "Beautiful but Not Worth the Money" is the review I am speaking of. Not sure why they paid $1,000 a day not including airfair. Would like to know what travel agent booked them. If they ventured around they would have found a Taco place in the Mall which is included with your AI band.....and someone I was with had a chicken quesadilla for lunch at the beach resturant....The Colby burgers were the best and I only saw a grilled hot dog on the lunch buffet in the main buffet. If she looked around she would have found everything else immaginable....and...I have no doubt if she asked they would have made what she wanted that is how accommodating they were. So, some people just have to find something to complain about!

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
342 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand Reviews

Good to know guys! I am on the IB* Board as well, and we were talking about the same thing! I swear some people don't take the time and enjoy life sometimes! We only get one chance and I, myself try and take every bit that is given to me!

We cannot wait for The Grand! 4 weeks from tomorrow we will be there! I am so excited to go back to Mexico but even more excited to visit The Grand and the Ib* resorts!

Thanks to all that take the time to smell the 'roses' of life :)

Southern Maine
Level Contributor
643 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Grand Reviews

I can write my review now.

The food was fantastic. I didn't have to shop for it and didn't cook any of it.

The bars were fantastic. There was good Mexican liquor there. If I had wanted top shelf scotch, I'd go to Scotland. Would you order tequila in Ireland?

The service was fantastic. I never touched a vacuum cleaner or did a load of laundry.

The room was fantastic. The bed was horizontal and I was so tired from having fun that I slept like a rock every night. The water in the shower was wet. I didn't have to stock the mini bar myself.

The pool was pretty. I didn't have to test the water or add chemicals.

The beach was great. There was sand and water and funny people to watch. The sun was warm. There are no nasty gritty snowbanks.

I am going on vacation. A bad day of vacation is always better than a good day at home.

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
342 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Grand Reviews

Mainemom - you've said it perfectly! I give your review a 10!!!!

'nuff said!

SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Grand Reviews

Maine mom3,

talking of irish tequila,,,,its called pocheen and very nice too,,,Going onto more imprtant hting "scotch".. even the del mar and beach offer quality malts.. but remember there are well over a thousand single malt whiskies, twicw as many again on blends and grain,,,its a matter of taste... We're all different,, thank god,,,, Wheres the tequila..sorry pocheen..Hic.. Got save Ireland!!

Southern Maine
Level Contributor
643 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Grand Reviews

Pour me a glass, my friend! I can be there in a little over six hours if I don't go through Heathrow!

: )

Southern Maine
Level Contributor
643 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Grand Reviews

Forgot something.

All the kids were well behaved. And they all belonged to other people!