We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Paraiso Grand vs Royal Playa Del Carmen

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
699 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Paraiso Grand vs Royal Playa Del Carmen

Trying to decide between these 2 hotels for our 25th wedding anniversary - any opinions??

SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Grand vs Royal Playa Del Carmen

Hi Beachs, Only comment on the Grand, Been to Sandels, several times... they were good, The Grand.. Better than good, Perfect... Nope,........... but we will return...soon,,,, If you feel the Royal Playa Del Carmen is better, give me a shout.. it must be near perfect.. Slang i vah... peter

New Jersey
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Grand vs Royal Playa Del Carmen

Simply said, the Grand was grand. A few inconsistencies, but for us, not a big deal. We're looking to go back there next Feb/Mar, but we're booked to check out Secrets Maroma in October, so that experience may change our plans - of course, that depends on whether Secrets Maroma sticks to it scheduled opening... We really enjoyed the Grand.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Grand vs Royal Playa Del Carmen

Hello beachs, I've been to both the Grand and the Royal Playa del Carmen. Been to lots of AIs in the Riviera Maya and after the Royal I said that was the best....however, I hadn't visited the Grand yet! In all aspects of service, luxury, food, drink, landscaping, beach, pool and entertainment...it topped the Royal (IMO) Mind you, it's a good bit more expensive and if that's any consideration, I would have no hesitation in recommending the Royal. Decisions, decisons........Cheers! Margaret

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
342 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Grand vs Royal Playa Del Carmen

We had the same issue as you guys. We looked into both! We ended up with choosing The Grand, and man it was worth it! It was amazing! I couldn't believe it!

One concern that I hate dealing with when we are on vacation is people bugging you about timeshares and The Iberostar resorts do NOT have timeshares. The Royal resorts do. Call it lame, but when I get to my resort I want to enjoy all of it without phone calls, and people bugging me to come and listen to a 2 hour ordeal. Though, some places you just tell them no and they'll leave you alone, I don't like taking the chance.

The Grand is impecable! It's so lovely and you also have all the other 4 Iberostars right there to use too!!!

Check out www.iberostar-board.com

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
699 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Grand vs Royal Playa Del Carmen

just by looking at TA's pic and commetns the Iberostar Grand looks amazing...We'll be booking here, thanks everyone!

Never been to Mexico in October, looking at booking the last week, anyone know wha the weather is like??

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,068 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Grand vs Royal Playa Del Carmen

We visited the Royal and stayed at the Grand. We personally found PDC a bit spring breaky for our taste and the Royal was in the thick of it. A few hours there was fun but then we were happy to go back to the Grand.

Given those 2 choices, I would book the Grand.

Fox Lake Il...
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Grand vs Royal Playa Del Carmen

we go in Oct every year, very nice (mid to upper 80s) but make sure you take the insurance...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
699 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Grand vs Royal Playa Del Carmen

insurance because of the weather??

Delta, BC
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Grand vs Royal Playa Del Carmen

Beachs, absolutely take the insurance it's hurricane season and you wouldn't want to get caught. Have you made a decision yet?

B.C. Friend

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
699 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Grand vs Royal Playa Del Carmen

No, have not booked yet. Just a bit nervous regarding the weather. I'll need to look into the insurance before I book

But I must say, we are leaning towards the Iberostar