We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent Reviews

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Recent Reviews

I just thought I'd say that it so nice to see that the recent reviews of all 5 of the resorts here are still great. Over and over again I'm reading how beautiful they are and how the service is so great and even the food seems good. Whether it was someones first time here or a repeat visit. The reviews are so positive. There was a week or so of some posts in April that had me wondering. I'm guessing that the resort staff itself may have vacations at that time or maybe just spring break when so many people are here and they seemed a little short staffed.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent Reviews

Hey Kaola, thanks for the suggestions ragarding the mexitel phone. Also, I am also relieved about the positive reviews, as other resorts are getting slammed with negativity. I think at some point you just have to stop reading them. huh?

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent Reviews

Hey rooster! Your welcome!

Sometimes I wish I didn't read so many reviews. You'd be surprised though how many times the reviews start changing. Whether it's because of new management, overbooking issues, the age of the resort--plumbing and electrical problems, beach erosion (the whole beach is gone for instance). You never know. I've seen 5 star resorts go right down without warning. I've also watched them come back up again. You never know-- so I like to keep informed--always. No resort is perfect and the reviews aren't either. But when you see so many positive reviews--it's a no brainer as to whether the resort is worth investing so much money into or not. I'm not looking for perfection but I also want to be informed if a resort is going down hill. If I've said it once--I've said it a million times (as they say) "Read all the recent reviews and check out all the recent traveler's photos of any resort you are thinking of booking." I like to keep informed--bad or good. There are always the grumpy people and they are easy to spot.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recent Reviews

Well, I'm new to this forum thing, I actually stmbled upon it by accident and I'm glad I did. The reviews and traveler photos is the only reason I chose to book with Iberostar Beach. Otherwise I was probably going to stay at the Gran Caribe or Crown Paradise Club just because of their kids club, but they just didn't have that "tropical paradise" feel. Then like I said, came across trip advisor and found that they both had mostly negative reviews. So here we are with IB. I am very excited, but I have to be honest and say, that I wondered here lately if I made a mistake just because of all of the walking and supposed red flag days. My husband and I are beach people...totally. but you know what, this is our first vacation with our kids and it's going to be wonderful. I have been looking at the map you posted trying to familiarize myself with the resort and I will request a certain bldg, and if it doesn't work out...well then, we tried. I refuse to let the negativity of others bring me down. My kids are sooo excited! All they can talk about is packing their very own suitcase, riding on the airplane and sleeping in a hotel! Isn't that cute! Throw in the rest of paradise and they'll think it's heaven. By the way, we are going to be there during trick-o-treat time and my kids are not even disappointed. Their excitement makes the small negatives of this resort well worth it.

BTW, I watched your videos, including the bikini contests and ummm, I am so not doing that. After three kids and stretch marks, no bikini for me ever again!!

Hey Kaola, have a super weekend! Dana

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recent Reviews

Too funny Roostergirl! Sounds like you have the right attitude to have a great time. I'm sure your kids will love it too. I also would never enter the bikini contest. That was one of my 6 kids in the video--not me. I had the camera. That elderly lady ended up winning the contest--too funny! The walking never bothered us. The way we ate and drank we were glad for the excersize. How old are your kids? It takes maybe 10 minutes from the beach all the way to the lobby. Five minutes either way if your room is in the center. I loved it and you never have that crowded feeling. If you have a child under 4 then bring a stroller. There are strollers everywhere here. The water does get rough on some days but not many seemed to mind it. Most say they loved the beach so I guess you'll have to judge that yourselves. I think it wouldn't be great for real little kids to go in by themselves (toddlers). The waves would knock them down. I personally love the beautiful look of the whole beach and ocean here but am more of a pool person and this place has the best pools I've ever seen.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recent Reviews

When our trip rolls around, my daughter will have turned 8 and my son will turn 4 during our vacation. Way cool birthday, huh? I think it would do him good to walk a bunch, he just has that energy level. As for me, I'm in pretty good shape but I'm such a baby when it comes to the heat, that's why I love to just float in the ocean on a swim noodle with a bubbakeg. Doesn't get much better than that!

I think I will 86 the stroller idea, cuz as far as I know they don't make one for mom's! Ha ha, hee hee!

I was thinking about requesting a room in bldg 33 or 34 that way we have a cool view of the pool, but close to the kids club, beach and restaurants. Actually, I would LOVE to be in bldg 30, but it's probably an outrageous upgrade.

Wow, you have 6 kids? How old are they?

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recent Reviews

oh, forgot to mention my 1 year old...he is staying home with the grandmas!

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recent Reviews

I'm sure it will be easier without the baby. Good for you. Mine are girl-32,twins (boy/girl)31,boy 27 and twins 24 (boy/girl). Three boys and 3 girls.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recent Reviews

TWO sets of TWINS?? You are a Saint!!!

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recent Reviews

You're too funny roostergirl! I'm not a saint but for a while I was a little busy. I, at one time had 3 kids

1 yrs old and younger and then had 6 kids 8 yrs old and younger. Needless to say we didn't take many vacations. They were never out of the country at least. My husband's sister had a house on the ocean in Kennybunkport Maine and that's were we'd head or we'd rent a house on a lake in Maine for a week. No way could we have ever considered traveling to Mexico. Now I can have the fun that I missed back then. I bring one kid at a time. Three down--three to go. I'm a single Mom now and it's not easy. I chose to stay home for my 20 year marriage which I don't regret but my career got put on hold and now I have to deal with the whole financial thing daily. I try and get away once a year in Feb and hope to do that again next Feb. It makes the year go by better when I can look forward to my week in Mexico. Hopefully I'll be back here next Feb.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recent Reviews

Well, I knew there was a reason we met. We have a lot in common it seems. I too am a stay-at-home mom! It's tough, despite all of the obvious blessings. I understand about the financial thing. I am still married, happily I might add, but I too feel concerned about my financial future. Don't get me wrong my husband takes good care of us and I know I contribute in a way he can't, but there is always that knawing feeling that I need my own independence. Ya know? Anyway, with the economy the way it is, I have considered going back to work but can't during the day because the childcare is just outrageous. So my choice was evenings, but would miss out on seeing my daughter as she's in school all day. Anyway, my previous employer (from 8 years ago) called me yesterday and offered me a position. It's just 2 days per week, not much money but a little extra. More importantly, I have some "Dana time" and I get my foot back in the door! Well it seems you've done well as a mother and now that I'm one I can appreciate all that my mother sacrificed for us. Your kids will remember their trips with their mom. That is just wonderful. I will keep my fingers crossed for you this coming February!