We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand beach and fishing

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand beach and fishing

My husband and I are going to Iberostar Grand in July, and he is a big time fisherman. Has anyone ever seen anyone fishing from the beach??? Are the beaches as beautiful as they look???

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,287 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand beach and fishing

Don't know about the fishing, but the beach is indeed beautiful. There are some spots that are rocky as you enter the water, but there are plenty of areas to enter safely.

Boston
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand beach and fishing

The beach is gorgeous and the sand is amazing. You have to walk to the left in front of the water sports by the Lindo to avoid the rocks but, it is less then a minute away. As far as the fishing goes I never seen anyone fishing from the shore however, you can do a deep sea fishing excursion which, you can set up right at the resort.

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand beach and fishing

Thank you so much for the information. We can't wait to go! If anyone else knows anything about the fishing on shore...let me know!

Southern Maine
Level Contributor
645 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand beach and fishing

We saw a fellow sand casting near the old pier at the delmar. He didn't stay long. There were lots of swimmers in that area though. Lots of rocks in front of the Grand. I bet he could walk past the Grand and be more secluded.

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
342 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand beach and fishing

I am sure if you walked South on the beach, towards Maroma Beach you could cast a line there. So if you walk straight out from the Grand to the ocean, make a right and keep walkin'! It's beautiful!!!

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Grand beach and fishing

You could also look into Puerto Morales. It's a small fishing village just north of this complex. They might have some fishing boat tours etc.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Grand beach and fishing

I spelled that wrong--it's Puerto Morelos

Here's a website you can go to.

www.puertomorelosfishing.com/

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Grand beach and fishing

thanks for the website...I checked it out, and it looks like fun!

9. Re: Iberostar Grand beach and fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 09:25