We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to IB Grand!!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Heading to IB Grand!!!

Hi everyone,

We just booked our trip to the IB grand after many weeks of searching. I have been to Cancun twice and am excited to try a new area in Mexico. We had read numerous posts and reviews about the Grand and were hoping some of you could help. While there we wanted to know what restaraunts from the ibero properties are worth checking out. Also, besides the shows, are there any places for a little night life?

Also, does any have an email addy to contact the Grand about any special requests? Is it just on their site?

Any recommedations and suggestions would be greatly appreciated !! Thanks to all who respond!! Happy summer to you all!!

Dallas
Level Contributor
104 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading to IB Grand!!!

My wife and I are going to the Grand on July 9th (only two weeks now!!!).

The couple of email addresses I have for special requests and such are:

Gemma Andreu Girvent (Public Relations Manager)

rpgrandparaiso@iberostar.com.mx

Iona Guerrero (Front Desk Manager)

recepcion.grand@iberostar.com.mx

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading to IB Grand!!!

We enjoyed all of the restaurants that we tried at the Grand.

You're going to have an amazing time. I can't wait to go back!

ENJOY! :-)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading to IB Grand!!!

Hi Smiles,

We're going back to the Grand July 4-11 after being there in December. We found that aside from checking out the other hotels' properties, we wouldn't want to even waste time or a night at a restaurant that was not at the Grand. Every time we ventured out we wanted to run back "home" to the Grand. I can see maybe doing a bar hopping thing if you're into that, but otherwise, I can't see why you'd want to spend too much time anywhere else. You are going to have such a great time.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heading to IB Grand!!!

Thanks everyone!!!

I love seeing responses from New Jersey. Makes me excited even more that people from our area enjoyed it soo much. Another question I have is about the beach. Some have said its very calm while others have said its very choppy. I am not the best swimmer nor am I expecting it to be like it is in Aruba but overall how are the waves/water at the Grand?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heading to IB Grand!!!

OH and one more (sorry i am being such a pain)

DO they ever do romantic dinners on the beach? I know many resorts grant that request but was wondering if the Grand does this. Thanks again and thanks for the email addresses!!!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heading to IB Grand!!!

The water was too rough to swim in for the days that we were there. The beach area itself is nice, though.

Our least favorite restaurant for food was the Italian though it was the prettiest. We enjoyed the Asian from the menu and not teppanyaki tables. Surf and Turf was good and we skipped the gourmet.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heading to IB Grand!!!

Smiles-

Where in NJ are you from? We hail from Warren Twsp. in Somerset Cty.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heading to IB Grand!!!

I am from Bergen County NJ near the city.

=)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heading to IB Grand!!!

I work in Jersey City. When are you going to the Grand?

PA
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Heading to IB Grand!!!

We just returned from the del Mar and the water was as calm as could be. We visit Ocean City, MD every summer and the East Coast water is much rougher than the water in Mexico, at least when we were there. The water was about 89 degrees and wonderful. You could float on your raft and not worry about falling off because of a wave. Now, you could never do that in Ocean City, MD or NJ. After swimming in Mexico I'm not really looking forward to our trip to Ocean City later this month. The water in Mexico is awesome! It's clear and you can SEE what's in the water!! Have a great trip.