We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Paraiso Beach OR Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar???

Worcester, MA
Level Contributor
94 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Paraiso Beach OR Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar???

Hello,

I am new to your forum. My husband and I are Aruba lovers, but decided that we would venture somewhere new every other year. We have heard great things about Mexico and I think we have limited our resort choice to either Paraiso Beach or the Del Mar.

Can someone offer opinions on which place they like best and why??

Thank you!!

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Beach OR Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar???

They are the same resort they share the same pools,resturants etc.I would say the beach its a little newer,the del mar was the first Iberostar up there,then came the Beach,Lindo,Maya and now the Grand.If you can aford the extra go for the Lindo you get ala carte dinners every night 24 hr room service,wave pool and lazy river,and use of the beach/del mar .The beach/del mar limited to so may dinners per stay and room service is only till 11pm.hope this helps.Last year we booked for the beach but the week before we left i email for room requests and asked for a possible free upgrade to the Lindo and got it for all 4 couples(it was in oct.slow time for them).

Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Beach OR Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar???

A few years back, we booked the Del Mar but when we arrived we were given rooms at the Beach.

Overall, I would choose the Lindo if I had the choice. It's by far our favourite resort and we're heading back there in August this year.

The IB Del Mar/Beach are nice, but the IB Lindo/Maya is nicer plus you can still eat, drink and enjoy the grounds at the IB Del Mar/Beach.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Beach OR Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar???

Don't count on the upgrade. I have no idea how people get them. I used the cute card, the sickening sweet card, the been there 3 times card, the bringing extra people this time card and we are NEVER offered a free upgrade. Maybe I just don't have it. Either way, Tammy if you want the Lindo - book it - if you don't care - if either one will work then wait and see. But if you get that free upgrade - will you please let me know how you did it! lol

Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Beach OR Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar???

I also think upgrades are a thing of the past. We were upgraded to the IB Lindo in 2005 because it has just opened. The IB Del Mar/Beach were both overbooked so they were offering a lot of people the free upgrade. Now, you don't hear about it too often.

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Beach OR Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar???

I think the upgrades depend on the time of year.sept oct is the hight of hurricane season so not as many people go then.I think they like to keep everyone in one area to cut down on staff at the other resort.Last year there was hardly anyone one the beach/del mar side I think they upgraded untill the Lindo/Maya side was full.(the request I sent was returned saying they dont do free upgrades but when we got there we got it)??????

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,522 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Beach OR Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar???

As stated, the Beach and the Del Mar are sister resorts and share all facilities, so it doesn't matter which one you choose.

For loads of information on this resort, go to this site and scrool down to the section on the Beach/Del Mar:

www.iberostar-board.com/boards/index.php

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Beach OR Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar???

I am one who actually like the feel of the Paraiso Beach and Del Mar better that the Maya/Lindo. It's more jungley and the buffet's are bigger and better. If you like a la carte every night then you should consider the Maya/Lindo. Also their buffet is air conditioned and the PB/DM is open air so if you travel here in the summer that would be another thing to consider. From October to May it isn't an issue. Same great service at any of the 4.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Beach OR Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar???

I stayed in the Del Mar in Feb this yr. We were in a party of 35 who were staying all over the complex so I got to see most of it. I know it's down to personal preference but we all much preferred the Del Mar to the Beach. The hotel looked more upmarket than the Beach, I thought.

The rooms at the Lindo were the same as ours but bigger & I was sorely disappointed with the Maya. Don't get me wrong, it was lovely but I've stayed in more luxurious looking 4 star hotels. The facilities at the Maya & Lindo were better - ie being able to eat a la carte every night & free use of the spa but a lot of our party who'd upgraded actually ate most of the time in our buffet as they preferred it.

9. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Beach OR Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 22:20