We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forum rules

Southern Maine
Level Contributor
648 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Forum rules

"In addition, all of the following topics will be removed or closed with a reminder notice that the content is not travel-related.

* Calls for boycott of any destination"

The above is a snip from the TA forum rules. Some members have stopped answering questions and have moved into what I consider to be "boycott" territory. It's one thing to report on a negative experience, but the latest postings go beyond a report or negative review and are not helpful.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Forum rules

are you talking about the person who said not to patronize large resorts like IB, and only go to mom and pop hotels, where it's not all inclusive?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Forum rules

Or the group (one family) who reply to lots of threads with "Don't stay at the Iberostar hotels" type of replies?

Sorry--this thread may qualify as "off-topic chatter" and may be shut down.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Forum rules

I agree mainemom, It's getting old. I'm on this site a lot less these days. Lots of repeat things being said and nothing new here much at all. I guess this time of year is slow anyway.

Wikipedia's definition of Boycott:

A boycott is the act of voluntarily abstaining from using, buying, or dealing with someone or some other organization as an expression of protest.

You're right--not helpful--and getting pretty boring too.

4. Re: Forum rules

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 02:19