We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar del Mar restaurant reservations

Hartford...
Level Contributor
532 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar del Mar restaurant reservations

We stayed at this resort May 2006 and are going back in October. Can't remember how the al la carte restaurant reservations work...and how many is allowed for a 6 night stay....can reservations be made prior to arrival? any info is greatly appreciated........ ty

chicago
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar del Mar restaurant reservations

me and my wife are going in two weeks,, you going back so you must have liked it, we read good and bad,, we are beach people,, what can you say about the place?

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar del Mar restaurant reservations

We have just returned from the Del Mar.

We were allowed 5 reservations for our 14 night stay, but I can't remember how many you would get for a 6 night, possibly 2 or 3.

It wasn't necessary for us to queue up each day for a reservation the following day etc. We were allowed to book all of our reservations in one go which we thought was great as it saved us having to queue up each time we wanted to make a booking.

There was also never a queue whenever we went by the desk in the lobby as it was open for several hours per day.

Long trousers aren't necessary in the Tropical and Steak House as they are open air restaurants.

Hope this helps.

Southern Maine
Level Contributor
647 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar del Mar restaurant reservations

You can make reservations in the lobby- the desk is open (I think) both mornings and afternoons. We went on Saturday when it opened at 4 pm to make reservations for the 7 days we were there. We were able to have four reservations, but I think only because there was an opening on Saturday night and the hostess booked us in. I was expecting only three.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,409 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar del Mar restaurant reservations

You are guanteed three ala carte reservations for a seven night stay. I'm not sure how many they give for six nights. Make all your reservations as soon as you get there and have your name put on a waiting list to get more if you want them.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar del Mar restaurant reservations

I think it's 2 reservations for a 4 to 6 nights. I've read many times though that you can ask to be put on a waiting list for more. Also some go to the door of the restaurant and ask if they can get in (with a tip in hand).

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar del Mar restaurant reservations

You can be put on a waiting list and we did and never ate at the buffet, we got into the ala cartes each and every night.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar del Mar restaurant reservations

That said, one day when we go back I WANT TO try the night time buffet :)

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar del Mar restaurant reservations

You really should give it a try just one night Qunicy-as you know I love it there. I love to pick little bits of several things rather than a meal. Just me of course. Don't miss out on the fresh grilled fish and the muscles--yummy!

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar del Mar restaurant reservations

Kaola YUM!!!!!! That would so be the *guts* of my meal :)

Hartford...
Level Contributor
532 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar del Mar restaurant reservations

thanks everyone...we get so confused..every resort is differant when it comes to the restaurants!!

darinc - we are beach people too. the resort grounds were beautiful. The beach was great too...I don't recall too many rocks/coral on the ocean floor - the water was crystal clear....we can't to go back!!