We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront rooms - questions?

Kansas City, Kansas
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beachfront rooms - questions?

Hello all! I am just starting to plan a trip for next april and fell in love with the iberostar playa paraiso resorts when I stumbled upon them on this site.

My husband and I love the beachfront rooms, thats a big deal with us to be able to walk right out onto the sand. (Stayed at the Tamarijn in Aruba and loved it! ) I saw that the Grand has beachfront rooms but those are probably a little out of our price range. Do any of the other Iberostar's have beachfront rooms that are decently priced? And I know if you stay at one you can go to all the resorts but is there on in the middle that has pretty good access to the others? I've been trying to find a complex map but cant seem to find one. I am starting to plan this trip so any adive would help! thanks!

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront rooms - questions?

In the Paraiso complex, the Grand is the only resort with ocean front rooms.

You can have access to all the resorts if you stay at the Grand. If you stay at the Beach or Del Mar you have access to those two only. If you stay at the Lindo or Maya you have access to those two as well as the Beach and Del Mar.

Here's a map that shows the layout

…imageshack.us/img355/6676/iberostarsd3.jpg

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,345 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront rooms - questions?

The IB Paraiso Del Mar is the only other resort at the IB Paraiso complex that has beech front rooms and they are all Jr. Suites in building 10. If you stay there you will not have access to the bars or restaurants at the Lindo and Maya or Grand.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront rooms - questions?

Schmerl is right. I was there in Feb and building 10 was the only one without greenery and trees in the way of the oceanview.

jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachfront rooms - questions?

I have also stayed at the tamarijan several years back and if you loved that then the GRAND will just blow you away from the minute you arrive. it has the tamarijin beat in every catagory possible except price from the quality of linens to the quality of food it is like nite and day compared to the tamarijan if you can swing the price i think it is worth every penny

Southern Maine
Level Contributor
645 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachfront rooms - questions?

I've said it before, but here I am again.

The beach front suites at the DelMar overlook the dive shop and ATV rentals. There's a lot of loud motor boat traffic there in the mornings and a lot of foot traffic passing by there all day. There was construction on the other side of the fence- maybe it's over by now?- but if you are thinking quiet romantic oceanfront with gently lapping waves- the DelMar doesn't have that. My opinion....

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachfront rooms - questions?

Good point Mainemom. I'm glad you said it again--I had forgotten that aspect.

7. Re: Beachfront rooms - questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 03:20