We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in April?

Chicago
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in April?

I'm new to this, but have been lurking around for awhile. I'm just curious about the temperature in the area and the pool water around this time of year. I plan to go to the Grand in April but I'll be going alone. Has anybody else gone to this place alone and was it uncomfortable? Thanks.

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in April?

Hello and welcome.

Here's a link to what the weather was like on April 1st of 2008. You can just change the date at the top to get an idea what it's like during various times of the month.

http://tinyurl.com/6ovucm

Recently on the Iberostar board there was several posts from a woman who traveled there (the Grand I think) on her own. From what I recall she wasn't uncomfortable at all.

From what I've seen at various resorts in the area, someone traveling alone is usually hanging with groups of folks after a day or so.

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in April?

We arrived at the end of April last year and the weather was fabulous! The pool and ocean temps were refreshing and it wasn't nearly as humid as just a few weeks later in the year.

We saw a solo female traveler while we were there and she seemed to be enjoying herself. Really, the Grand is the type of place that if you want to find people to party with, you can, and if you just want to be left alone, you can have that type of stay as well.

Chicago
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in April?

Thank you both for your replies. I'm looking forward to going to the other resorts in the complex to take photographs of the wildlife. We don't have peacocks or flamingos where I live. I'm really just trying to get away so that I can be a vegetable for a week and hopefully not freeze when getting into the pool.

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in April?

Prepare to do some serious relaxing. I don't think the water will be freezing in April and the spa pool (indoors) is heated.

Maine
Level Contributor
100 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in April?

Not sure when in April you are planning your stay at the Grand, however we have visited during the 3rd week of April for the past 3 years. Each time the weather, pool temperatures, and sunshine have been ideal. Once we discovered the tranquility pool we were mesmerized by it. So scenic and so relaxing!

Hopefully, if your vacation to the Grand overlaps ours we will have the chance to chat at the lobby bar.

Chicago
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in April?

I'm planning to arrive at the Grand on April 14th. Perhaps you will be there sometime during that 7 day period. If so, it would be nice to have that chat.

Chicago
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in April?

Actran, the heated pool sounds wonderful to me.

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in April?

The spa pool is amazing. It has these different giant faucets that pour water on you and areas that have different jets. MMMMMMMMM.

Southern Maine
Level Contributor
648 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in April?

The weather in April is perfect. Hot enough to want to swim, great pool temps, nice breeze, no bugs, maybe a shower. Bring a light sweater, just in case.

Chicago
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in April?

Thank you all for all of this great insight. Now, can you help me to be patient until April, because I'm really excited to go. Thanks again.