We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Del- mar... 3rd floor room vs. 1st floor...

maryland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Del- mar... 3rd floor room vs. 1st floor...

Hi my family and I are staying at the del-mar in 32 days.. ( but who is counting..lol.) We are taking my 13 month old son.. So I know we will be back at the room by 8-9 pm every evening.. I was wondering if it would be better to have a ground floor room so my husband and I could sit outside ( bringing baby moniter) and have a drink and talk or would it be better to be on the balcony and looking out?? I figure the ground floor would give you more space?? any suggestions Thanks Sonny

Hartford...
Level Contributor
532 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Del- mar... 3rd floor room vs. 1st floor...

There are no elevators. We like the higher floors - feel safer and have better views as long as you don't mind walking up/down stairs.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
327 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Del- mar... 3rd floor room vs. 1st floor...

We stayed on the second floor - facing pool and liked it - the del mar is known for its vegetation and greenery - I felt we would be above that and have less chance of critters on the patio etc.

I think the patio/balconies are all pretty much the same size.

We were facing the "quiet pool" in building 15 and it was very pretty at nite.

Southern Maine
Level Contributor
647 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Del- mar... 3rd floor room vs. 1st floor...

Another thought- with no elevators, you will be carrying the baby up the stairs. Stairs are not especially well lit and are slippery when wet.

On the other hand, you will have more privacy on a higher floor.

Have a blast!

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,412 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Del- mar... 3rd floor room vs. 1st floor...

We like the third floor because there is no noise from above and we love the view. We ask for a third floor pool view.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Del- mar... 3rd floor room vs. 1st floor...

The mosquitos are worse near the vegetation (ground floor).

I carried my 2-year-old up and down those stairs at least 5 times a day for 7 days. I'm buff now!

Both things to consider.

Also, getting a pool view will mean more noise during the day (ie, nap time).

maryland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Del- mar... 3rd floor room vs. 1st floor...

Well thanks all for your imput.... I have alot to think about. I think I am leaning toward the ground floor... with no elevators I would have to carry the stroller ect up three flight of steps I don't think that would be good.. I never thought about elevators..

7. Re: Del- mar... 3rd floor room vs. 1st floor...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 08:17