We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coco Loco Drink Recipe?

Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Coco Loco Drink Recipe?

Hi All,

We love the Iberostar hotels in the Mayan Riviera - we've been to the Paraiso Beach 5 times - so you'd think we'd know exactly how to make our favorite drink - the Coco Loco. (We think it consists of ice, rum, coconut liquor, etc?)

We thought that this was a Cancun drink - but recently we stayed at another hotel and requested this drink, but they didn't have any idea what we were talking about

If anyone knows the recipe or the exact quantities of each liquour, etc. that goes into making this drink - we'd sooo appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Sharon

Spencerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coco Loco Drink Recipe?

Oh my- I would LOVE to know the recipe too!! That was my favorite drink too- I have some connections with some employees at the resort so I will see if I can get the recipe!!

Thanks!!

Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coco Loco Drink Recipe?

Joyous, that would be awesome! That drink was the best - even the name sounds good. Please, please let us know if you get it ~ we'd be very grateful!

Like I said, when we went to a different property, I just "assumed" they would know as it seemed like it would be a Cancun drink - they didn't know a thing about it!

Sharon

Spencerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coco Loco Drink Recipe?

Ok here goes-I just talked to my friend Luis in Mexico and asked him if he knew the recipe- he said his brother is a bartender and here is the recipe he gave me:

Milk (he said Carnation)

Creme de cocoa

bacardi rum (light not dark)

Ice

I apologize for not knowing the amounts but there is a little language barrier when we talk on the phone!! I was lucky to get the ingredients!! I will experiment with this and if I get the right amounts to make it, I will let you know. Because this would really take me back to Mexico where I would love to be now- especially with an Ohio winter!!

Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coco Loco Drink Recipe?

Joyous,

Thank you so much - that gives us a good start when we at least know the ingredients to work with.

If you figure out the exact quantities, please let me know ~ that was an awesome drink - definitely Mexico.

I know what you mean about the weather - we're in Canton, MI and while the sun is out today (Monday), who knows what tomorrow will bring!

Thanks again.

Sharon

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,105 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coco Loco Drink Recipe?

At the Iberostar Grand, they use: cream de coco, Malibu Rum, and a splash of milk.

New York
Level Contributor
77 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coco Loco Drink Recipe?

Hi Sharon (my names Sharon too),

We just got back and I too loved that drink.

Here is the recipe:

2 cups ice

2 1/2 ounces malibu coconut rum

2 1/2 ounces white Creme de Cacao

2 ounces unsweetened coconut milk

Directions

1 Add all the ingredients to the container of an electric blender.

2 Cover and process on high for about 20 seconds or until the drink is smooth (May have to pulse on and off at first to get things going).

3 Pour into 2 chilled glasses and enjoy

Enjoy!

Sharon W.

Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coco Loco Drink Recipe?

OMG Shazz ~

I can't believe you got the recipe!! Thank you so very much! I love Trip Advisor! (Thanks to you too Spotsmom - have been to all the Iberostars: Beach/DelMar, Lindo, Maya and just "visited" the Grand ~ looks beautiful!)

I can't wait for the 5:00 bell to ring and be on my way home, stop at the grocery and get the ingredients! Then start up the blender and have a cool one, close my eyes and think M E X I C O !

Too funny about the first name - here's the kicker - my last name starts with a "W" also.

Sharon W.

New York
Level Contributor
77 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coco Loco Drink Recipe?

Let me know how it comes out--must be a "name thing"

LOL

Sharon W

9. Re: Coco Loco Drink Recipe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 08:19