We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar

Nashua, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar

Hello everyone! I was reading over the reviews of the Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar and after doing some research of my own it looks like this might be the place my boyfriend and I pick to go on vacation this year.

Does anyone have any suggestions on other places or would this place be a good pick? :)

Also, if you have any pros & cons on this resort it would be very helpful. We did an all inclusive last year in Punta Cana and enjoyed every minute of it and by the looks of it this resort would be just as great!

Thanks for any advice!

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
165 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar

Hello (almost) neighbor,

What time of year are you planning on going?

Jeni

Nashua, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar

We are planning on going in May. Either the beginning of May or the end.

We went on vacation last year in May and it ended up being the perfect time for us to go.

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar

Where did you stay in Punta cana? We've been there about 5 times and love love it!

We were at the Iberostar Paraiso Beach (sister prop to Del Mar) and it was fabulous. Lots of walking as the place is quite spread out; but they do have the little trams you can catch although they don't run on any set schedule. I'd advise you wear comfy walking shoes.

We also stayed last year at the Grand Sirenis in Akumal and absolutely loved that place as well.

I'd have to say of the two I'd pick the Grand Sirenis over Iberostar just because it was brand new, the rooms are spacious and beautiful with all jacuzzi suites; the theater is beautiful and shows are excellent; the food is fabulous and you can reserve your ala cartes as many as you want right from your building everyday without having to go to the lobby at a set time.

The swim up bars were really fun, the bartenders so friendly and made excellent drinks. THere are little ruins right on the beach as well as cenotes right on the GS property.

I can't say enough good things about this resort!!

The only drawback is that it's a longer drive from the airport; about 1.5 hours as opposed to about 45 mins to the Iberostars.

Let me know what you decide!

Starz

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar

Hello Neighbors!! We just got back from 11 days at the Iberostar Del Mar. I have also been to Punta Cana 23 times in the last 5 years. I prefer Punta Cana because the weather was a little warmer and the beach was by far the better of the two. That said we still had a great time at the Del Mar and think it was a nice resort. Try to get building 15, which is on the beach and has great Ocean Views. The only think I really didn't like about the Del Mar was that the Pools were very cold when we were there.

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar

I have to agree with Bob; the beaches in Punta Cana are by far superior to the ones in Riveria Maya. The sand on Bavaro Beach is sugar soft and you can walk barefoot for miles on it...the sea is much calmer too. There are some big waves on Paraiso Beach; most days there were red flags out. My husband loves the waves for boogie boarding, but if you want to snorkel it's easier in Punta Cana.

Riviera Maya has it's own appeal though. The rock and coral formations are interesting to see; just be careful you don't hurt your feet.

Starz

United States
Level Contributor
211 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar

We have tried different resorts in Mexico and always seem to compare them with the Iberostars. You cannot go wrong with them. The IB Del Mar is part of the large Iberostar complex of 5 resorts.

The advantage is that Ibersotar offers within this complex a complete entertainment / shopping area with a great nightclub and a first rate golf course. The service, food, and facilities are very good.

There is a pool at each resort that you can try (except for the exclusive IB Grand). The IB Maya even has a wave pool and a lazy river! You ahve numerous bars to try, and the nightly shows rotate.

The disadvantage, coming from Punta Cana, will be the beach. The beaches in Mexico are not as nice as those in PC. Not that they are bad, just that the sand is softer, and the water calmer and less rocks in PC.

Still IB has numerous palapas available on the beach, keeps it very clean by raking the seaweed every day, etc.

Give it a try. You will not be disappointed.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,458 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar

We also love the Del Mar.

I too have been to Punta Cana and I prefer Mexico because of the people and things to do outside the resort.

By the way, Building 15 is NOT on the beach...it is in the center of the resrot Building 10 is on the beach and is all Jr. Suites.

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar

bldg 30 is right on the beach too on the Paraiso Beach side; it's great.

Starz

Nashua, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar

Thank you so much everyone for all of the advice!

In punta cana we stayed at the Majestic Colonial and I couldn't say one bad thing about that resort. We loved every minute of it. The one good thing about the beach situation is that we mainly enjoy sitting on the beach and maybe jumping into the water quickly to cool off. Neither myself or my boyfriend are very big ocean fans but enjoy laying by the water :)

I think we are mainly looking for exactly what the IB del mar has to offer. We don't mind walking and if it's a large resort, I think we'd actually prefer the resort to be larger so we can enjoy walking around seeing everything.

Did any of you get in touch with the resort prior to your visit to request a certain building or anything? I know when I went to PC I stayed in touch with the resort for the few months up until we went to keep asking questions and request a certain building and we got exacly what we requested which was nice. Especially if we are traveling with other people we would like to request the rooms to be close together.

I keep looking and trying to compare the IB del mar with other resorts in Riviera Maya however keep coming back to this one, so I have a feeling it might be the winner :)

Nashua, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar

Okay, so after playing on this website & researching more of where I would like to visit I came across some more questions! So, again I would love any help!!

I was reading that most of the IB resorts "share" their ammenities. I didn't see anything about the Del Mar being included in this. I was also taking a look at the IB Lindo & that looked like it would be a place i'd be interested in looking into as well. Any comments on that place?

Also, is booking a ferry to Cozumel for the day something you do through the Resort or is that something we need to look into before the trip?

Sorry for all the questions! We are hoping to book our trip this month so i'm just making sure I have everything covered :)