We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Better Beach than Iberostar Grand/Maya/Lindo/DelMar...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Better Beach than Iberostar Grand/Maya/Lindo/DelMar...

I have been told that Iberostar Grand/Maya/Lindo/DelMar/Beach is a really nice place to stay. And Iberostar Lindo is the Hotel my wife and I have been leaning toward. But we have heard that the beach there is very nice but that the water can be a little on the ruff side and not so calm.

Does anyone know if there is a Hotel that has a better Beach & Water than the Iberostar Hotels.

My wife and I want to find a Great Hotel that has a gorgeous beach with good sand so she does not have to wear shoes on the beach or in the water (Iberostar has this), but we also want the water to be more Calm than rough (smaller waves).

Is there a Great Hotel that has a beach with this feature?

P.S. We are not into the Party Scene or Extreemely Crouded Beaches.

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Mark & Joannie

Folly Beach, SC
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Better Beach than Iberostar Grand/Maya/Lindo/DelMar...

If you want Mexico, look at Maroma Beach. Punta Cana has absolutely beautiful beaches.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Better Beach than Iberostar Grand/Maya/Lindo/DelMar...

Maroma Beach Area.

Maroma Resort (not AI)

El Dorado Maroma

Secrets Maroma

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,513 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Better Beach than Iberostar Grand/Maya/Lindo/DelMar...

Try Secrets Maroma Beach. Great beach--adults only--all inclusive.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Better Beach than Iberostar Grand/Maya/Lindo/DelMar...

Another vote for Secrets Maroma.

I was never able to get in the water when we stayed at the Grand and it was also rocky in places. I really missed a great beach.

Toronto
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Better Beach than Iberostar Grand/Maya/Lindo/DelMar...

We just returned from Iberostar Paraiso Beach "same complex as Lindo/DelMar" what i can share with you is that water was ruff "I believe all the same in this area" this did not stop the kids from enjoying the waves.

Overall resort was amazing and you can go wrong by visting an Iberostar property; the beach area is extremely wide which always help if you do not like crowded places.

Enjoy your vacation.

United States
Level Contributor
211 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Better Beach than Iberostar Grand/Maya/Lindo/DelMar...

I have been to the Iberostar Maya and Grand. The times we have been there there have been waves, but I would not consider the water rough.

If a top notch beach is your priority, take a look at the Barcelo complex. We vacationed several times a few years back. I believe you will find something for any budget and the beach is one of the better in the Riviera Maya.

However, I still believe the Iberostar's give you better service, facilities, etc. and are a great value.

7. Re: Better Beach than Iberostar Grand/Maya/Lindo/DelMar...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 16:17