We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must know at IB Del-Mar

Buckeye Country
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Must know at IB Del-Mar

In your opinion what are the must knows of this resort ?Little known secrets to a wonderful experience ?

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,409 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must know at IB Del-Mar

I don't know if there are any "secrets" left since pretty much everything has been discussed on this and other sites. But....

Make all your dinner reservations as soon as you get there. Put your name of a witing list for more.

Make sure to have ice cream by the pool. I love the coconut with some Kahlua poured over it!

Turn in your towel at the end of each day and get a clean one so you're ready to go to the beach or pool in the early AM and you won't need to be concerned about your towel card.

Enjoy the tacos and the other eateries at the Commercial Center--they are part of the all inclusive.

Enjoy some long quiet walks through the gorgeous grounds.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
197 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must know at IB Del-Mar

I second everything that the previous poster said and want to add a few comments:

On Thursdays they usually cook a big Paella at the beach-I missed it last year but my sister said it was amazing.

Definetely get to the concierge first thing in the morning to make your a la cart reservations as the wait can be quite long.

If you are traveling with kids buy some $2 floats at Walmart-they allow them in the pool and are great for floating from one end of the pool to the other-by the way the pool stretches on forever-the best I have ever seen.

Do not miss the Coconut Ice cream AND the lobby bar at the IB Beach makes the best Mojitos.

Have fun!

Genoa, Illinois
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must know at IB Del-Mar

I agree with the other posters as well. If you enjoy wildlife you will love this place. You will encounter friendly coatis on the beach begging for tortilla chips near the snack bar, and lots of other wildlife popping up unexpectedly. Make sure you include the Japanese and Brazilian restaurants in your reservations, skip the steakhouse. If you want to take a trip to Playa Del Carmen, walk out to the highway (not far at this resort), cross to the other side, wait at the palapa, and take the Colectivo van (marked Playa Express) for about $2US instead of a $20 cab ride. They come by about every 15 minutes. It lets you out a few blocks off of Fifth, they will drop you right at the gate of the resort on the way back.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must know at IB Del-Mar

There is now a $4.00 shuttle that takes you to and from Playa Del Carmen 4 times a day. You get it in front of the Commercial Center. The last pick up in Playa Del Carmen is 9:00pm. The times can change so when you get there check out the times.

Southern Maine
Level Contributor
647 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must know at IB Del-Mar

mmmm- donuts.

Really- the donuts at the breakfast buffet are remarkable!

6. Re: Must know at IB Del-Mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 10:18