We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wearing same clothes twice while on a 7 day vacation...

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,892 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Wearing same clothes twice while on a 7 day vacation...

This was posted on another forum by another member and I was just curious what kind of response he'd get over here..... indulge me.

ragtop93 - jersey - Jul 27, 2009 6:34 PM

“Wearing same clothes twice while on a 7 day vacation?”

IT has been brought to my attention that some people find it appropriate to wear the same clothes more than once on a 7 day vacation. Just curious as to what the opinions are here . Me I would never do it but hey who knows. What do others here think? IM sort of figuring if you can afford a vacation you should be able to afford clothes.

---------------------------------------------

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
3,718 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wearing same clothes twice while on a 7 day vacation...

Well, I certainly wear the same bathing suit many times, and the same cover-up. I've also worn the same black dress pants, with a different top.

I can afford the trip, and I can afford the clothes, but I HATE, HATE, HATE to shop. The less I have to do, the happier I am about the vacation.

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
3,718 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wearing same clothes twice while on a 7 day vacation...

Now I wanna see the other responses to see if I passed.

Link?

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Wearing same clothes twice while on a 7 day vacation...

Hi there sure why not.You dont want to be overweight on your luggage.You can always mix it up same pants different top etc.You have to be under 50lbs when you leave or they will charge you at the airport.You will be in a swimsuit most of the time.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wearing same clothes twice while on a 7 day vacation...

I travel carry-on only. I feel no need to carry different external clothes for three sets of chances each day. Not needed. Frivolous. Pointless. Foe me. But wear whatever you wish. You have to move the luggage.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,892 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wearing same clothes twice while on a 7 day vacation...

lol, I think you all passed, not sure about the OP though....lol, lighten up Ragtop.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k29831…

Cheers, Debbie

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wearing same clothes twice while on a 7 day vacation...

Less is better. We travel extremely light, with a small bottle of Woolite.

As long as it's clean, I'll wear the same outfit repeatedly. I limit it to one carry on of 30 lbs.

That's all I'm willing to haul around.

(and I'm a girl)

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wearing same clothes twice while on a 7 day vacation...

I've found that when you DO wash things, it takes forever to dry....and when you perspire a LOT....you cant wear a shirt more than once. Pants I can get about 3 wearings.....

I WILL wear things twice.....especially if I dress for dinner, go back to room after dinner and change to t-shirt/shorts....then my dinner clothes get used again.

I'm going for 10 days in September and I def. need more than one suitcase.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wearing same clothes twice while on a 7 day vacation...

OK Karen.... armor on.... this seems to be the subject of much consternation..... and of course this is only my opinion.... but honestly I don't understand the "absolute horror" of taking as much or as little luggage as you wish..... many seem to feel the need to apologize for taking luggage on vacation..... I don't get it.... I thought that's why they make luggage. If you feel comfortable with a carryon... that's ok. If you feel more comfortable bringing and paying for 1 checked bag or a dozen checked bags.... that should be ok too.... it's YOUR vacation. Personally I don't see the "problem" or the "sin" in taking as much or as little as will make you happy. It's YOUR vacation.... you should take whatever you feel comfortable with and are willing to pay for..... we do. Again, just my humble thought on the subject.

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,086 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wearing same clothes twice while on a 7 day vacation...

October -

I am totally with you. I HATE to shop.

I have this black dress that serves as a cover up. It doesn't look like a cover up - it is an actual dress, made of soft jersey cotton. Nice plunge neck. You can't see the bathing suit straps under it. Looks like I am wearing a dress. Which I am. Just a comfortable one.

I wore it every day as a cover up, for lunch. I could have worn it to breakfast. My husband joked that I could have slept in it, it was so soft. And, it could have been worn out to dinner. It weighs nothing and never wrinkles.

If I could find it in a different color I'd buy it. Then, I would only pack dinner clothing.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wearing same clothes twice while on a 7 day vacation...

rinsing things out- definately need to get quick dry fabrics- polyester dries much faster than other fabrics.