We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ib grand vs maya

Kulpmont...
Level Contributor
138 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
ib grand vs maya

Just wondering, at this point in our vacation planning we could upgrade. Anyone feel that it is worth the extra cash to upgrade to standard room at the Grand vs upgrade room at the Maya, Is it worth the money. Any commments would be welcomed. thanks

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,107 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ib grand vs maya

The Grand is a whole different level than the Maya. Better food, better alcohol, better rooms, better balcony's, better service, better everything.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ib grand vs maya

What is the difference in cost of upgrade to Grand?

The Grand is the most luxurious. The biggest issue could be if all the restos are still not open. Last I read the dinner buffet was closed.

But it is just about the best AI I've been to.

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ib grand vs maya

Am I understanding that you are trying to choose between an upgraded Maya room and a standard room at the Grand? In other words, you are going to spend the money one way or another for an upgrade?

If you are two adults, I would not hesitate for a moment to book the Grand. I would not even think about it. I'd book the Grand in a heartbeat and then walk over to the Maya/Lindo one day to check out the differences.

Even though the two resorts are next door to each other and are in the same complex, they are completely different in every way possible.

The tone and atmosphere are light years apart. As are the food, drink, and service.

All the rooms at the Grand are the same - the only difference is the view.

jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: ib grand vs maya

The biggest problem with choosing between an upgraded room at the Maya or a run of house room at the Grand. Is that once You have experienced the higher level of service and luxury At the Grand it sort of spoils you.. where you may never want to go back to just plain old vanilla resorts again. Now dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with the Maya .But the Grand is in a league of its own .

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ib grand vs maya

In addition to what everyone else has said, The Grand is far less crowded at the pools and beach and is also so much more elegant - from furnishings to decor to bedding to atmosphere, there is no contest.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,730 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ib grand vs maya

As everyone else has said, you are trying to compare two totally different vacation experiences.

All the IB resorts are wonderful, but the Grand is....well... grand!

First of all, just the adults only aspect of the Grand makes it a different experience than the Maya where you will have children everywhere.

It depends on what you are looking for in your vacation. If you want a romantic, luxurious, pampered , relaxing get away, then definitely go with the Grand.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,568 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ib grand vs maya

I absolutely concur with the rest of the posters.....its definately worth it.

Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ib grand vs maya

Preachin to the choir....GO GRAND! Read all reviews of the Grand and Maya...how many people that go to the Grand say..."I better go to the Maya next yr b/c it was a bit price here at the Grand"

People that go to the Grand generally say "I am returning"...says alot about the Grand!

london,Canada
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ib grand vs maya

I've been pricing the Grand and the Lindo for a 30th anniversary trip next year and the difference is anywhere from 600 to over 700 dollars which seems like a lot but then if you break it down per night it is 100 to 150 dollars a night so in that sense is the grand well worth it? If we can't afford the Grand then would the Lindo be suitable as well? It's the same beach and sun but wonder if the food is great at the Lindo as well or would the Maya be a bit better?

jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: ib grand vs maya

100 a night difference .Go with the Grand .Just the difference in food and service is worth it.