We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rigo: Gone but not forgotten

jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rigo: Gone but not forgotten

This is for those of us that have been fortunate enough to have had the pleasure of meeting Rigo the former bartender at either the Maya or Grand bars.While we were down this past time.We made a day of tracking down his Wife LUCY and His children.Julie,Vanessa,and Angel. And we were successful .WE might have spooked her a little when we first walked in to where she was working.Sort of looked like she was going to pass out. But a big smile along with quite a few tears were shed by all . Appears that they may be doing o.k. but really cant tell in such a short time that we were able to spend with them.So we made plans to meet a few days later. So if anyone is interested I can give you the info as to where she is working.We were told there was a fund that people could send donations to help the Family. But we always choose to help directly.No grey areas that way.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,458 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rigo: Gone but not forgotten

ragtop,

That was so very sweet of you to "track her down". I'm sure it meant the world to her to know others also miss Rigo.

colorado
Level Contributor
403 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rigo: Gone but not forgotten

For those of us that did not have the pleasure, can you fill us in?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rigo: Gone but not forgotten

I remember Rigo, but what happened?

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,458 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rigo: Gone but not forgotten

Rigo was a bartender at the IB Paraiso. He was killed in a car accident about a year ago.

jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Rigo: Gone but not forgotten

Last August upon leaving work Rigo and another worker Were involved in a deadly car crash.One worker was dead at the scene, While Rigo died several days later. So over the years that we had been going down there We had become very close friends with Rigo And His Family. Now whenever we return we always make sure we do what we can to help a friends family.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rigo: Gone but not forgotten

Rigo was definitely our favourite Grand employee and I am sure is greatly missed. He was so friendly and loved to talk about his family. It was very nice of you to visit with his family and I am happy to hear that they are doing okay. Thanks for the update.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rigo: Gone but not forgotten

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. He was a very friendly, kind man. Glad to hear his family is doing okay....

8. Re: Rigo: Gone but not forgotten

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2010, 05:17