We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank you experts!

colorado
Level Contributor
399 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Thank you experts!

We leave Friday morning for the Lindo and I just wanted to say thanks for all of the wonderful posts. Most of the time when we plan trips, it's six months to a year out. This one was kind of at the last minute. I didn't post very much but I sure did read!!!!

We have two day trips planned. One to Isla Mujeres, and one to snorkel with turles. Because we have been to the area before and because of the ability to read about taxis, busses, collectivo's on T.A., we will be doing these trips on our own instead of with a tour group. That saves money and allows us to go at our own pace.

My husband is trying to talk me into going diving but, I'm still deciding on that one. I'm a chicken! Either way I know we will have a great time.

So, thanks everyone, so much! Any last minute tips?

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,098 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thank you experts!

Have a great time!

Wear lots of sunscreen and drink lots of water!

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,412 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thank you experts!

You can make all your dinner reservations when you first get there so you get what you want.

Drink alot of water.

HAVE FUN !!!!!!

colorado
Level Contributor
399 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thank you experts!

sunscreen.....check

lots of water......check

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thank you experts!

You're quite welcome!

1. Try to meet and talk to as much of the staff as possible. They are warm and gracious people. If you can do so with some Spanish all the better.

2. Make sure you try the local liquor Xtabentum on the rocks for an after dinner drink.

3. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
907 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thank you experts!

Ditto on the water. I got a bit queasy a couple of afternoons...always felt better after I drank some water and cooled off. The heat can sneak up on you!

Are you going to Akumal for the turtles? We saw several...it was awesome!

colorado
Level Contributor
399 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thank you experts!

Yes, we are going to Akumal. We are just going to take a collectivo. It will be a fun day! We will probably have some lunch there. Snorkel some more, then catch the collectivo back to the Lindo.

I love water so i'm sure I won't have too much of a problem with that.

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
907 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thank you experts!

We did Edventures...they took us to La Buena Vida for lunch...it was tasty! And the dishes were huge...my husband & I got the fajitas to split and it was more than we could eat.

colorado
Level Contributor
399 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thank you experts!

My husband loves fajitas. Maybe we will copy you. I am excited to see the turtles. I have seen a few before while snorkeling but I think I might see more this time. At least I am hoping so!

The other day trip we are planning is to spend the day on Isla Mujeres. Someday, we might want to stay there for a few days. It seems like a neat place. I saw a beautiful picture of Isla in an article called "ten under the radar vacations on a budget" and fell in love right away!

9. Re: Thank you experts!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2010, 05:19