We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap, Fast, Safe transportation from & to airport/hotel

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
231 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap, Fast, Safe transportation from & to airport/hotel

Wondering from those who travel to the Myan Riviera often the most economical, quickest and safest way to get from and to the hotel from the airport.

Thank you.

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap, Fast, Safe transportation from & to airport/hotel

There are several companies that offer transfers to and from the hotel. Just google cancun airport transfers and you'll get a full list.

If you want economical then book shared transfers. You'll be put on a van or bus with other folks and may make up to four stops before getting to your resort. IB* Paraiso is before Playa del Carmen so you may be the first stop. There's no way to make sure either way with shared transfers because the order of stops depends on the other people on the van.

For quick, you can book private transfers but they are quite a bit more expensive than shared.

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
907 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap, Fast, Safe transportation from & to airport/hotel

I'd look at doing a shared transfer that uses vans instead of buses. I tend to avoid bus transfers because if they pack them full of people with many different hotels, you have to make that many stops (I've never done a bus in Mexico but I've done it elsewhere). I've found vans to be quicker since there are fewer people, usually meaning fewer stops. YMMV.

We used Olympus this trip...not our choice, just who our travel agent works with. Our pick up was fine. We got put with 5 couples going to Secrets Maroma. Took twenty minutes or so from the time we got outside to the time that they got us on the road. It was pretty full since every seat was taken and everyone had a lot of luggage. They were a bit late picking us up (which is always annoying when you think it's 15 more minutes you could have on the beach), but we alerted the Olympus guy in the hotel and he called the driver to make sure they were on their way. We were lucky and ended up the first drop off and the last pick up this trip.

The van transfer is probably going to be the best combo of fast/safe/cheap in my opinion. We would have paid nearly triple for private transfers and it would have saved us 15 minutes at most. I like my $100 more.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
231 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap, Fast, Safe transportation from & to airport/hotel

Thank you very much for the information.

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap, Fast, Safe transportation from & to airport/hotel

You're quite welcome 1stimeSoBe, anytime.

5. Re: Cheap, Fast, Safe transportation from & to airport/hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2010, 06:24