We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Paraiso V. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

Nj
Level Contributor
243 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Paraiso V. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

Can anyone let me know how the Iberostar Grand in playa del carmen compares to the one in Punta cana? I love mexico butthe Iberostar in Punta cana is priced 600 less for the week! Is it as nice or can someone help me justify paying more for Mexico.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
4,190 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Paraiso V. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

Have you compared airfare? That's what stops us from going, every single time I price it out. There are no direct flights from Houston.

The only other thing I would consider, it that there supposedly isn't as much do in Punta Cana, as there is to do in the PDC/Cancun area. Other than that, it looks fantastic and the beach look really pretty.

Mentioned in this post
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Nj
Level Contributor
243 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Paraiso V. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

the airfare is the same from newark. hotel itself is cheeper. as for less to do in Punta cana that is true but when you are paying top dollor for an all inclusive like the grand why would you want to Leave?I was wondering if the one in mexico is better

America, The...
Level Contributor
8,392 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Paraiso V. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

I will be staying at IGB in a few weeks. From what I've read on the Punta Cana forum, people seem to prefer the IGP a little better for food and service, but say that the beach at IGB is much better than the beach at IGP. Both seem to get fantastic reviews, though. The IGB also has a beautiful golf course on the grounds that's part of the AI package. If you decide to go with IGB, check out the reviews of Punta Cana Mike's tours on the Punta Cana forum. They're supposed to be amazing.

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
4,190 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand Paraiso V. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

Just a note: the IGP also has a golf course on-site.

Back when they were building the IGB, it was said that it would be like the IBG, but on a smaller scale and more luxurious (which would be hard to top!).

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
4,190 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand Paraiso V. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

*I meant like the IGP, not the IBG.

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,214 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Grand Paraiso V. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

Ask Ragtop93 or Guradian Angel1003 (yes, it is spelled that way) - they have both been to both resorts. I recall that both greatly preferred IB* Grand in Mexico over the one in the DR for many reasons.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Nj
Level Contributor
243 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Grand Paraiso V. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

anyone thats been to both? photos seem IGP to be nicer but pictures can be decieving.

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
4,190 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Grand Paraiso V. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

A quick search on this forum brought up this thread, where both Guradian Angel and Ragtop respond:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g663501-i11489-k29…

If you go over to the Punta Cana forum, and type in Grand Paraiso, you'll probably get more hits.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,214 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Grand Paraiso V. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

Also see this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g663501-i11489-k32…

And look for Angel's comments on the Iberostars.

jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Grand Paraiso V. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

Hands down Mexico Grand wins in almost every category .From having 2 Great spas to choose from.Or even having hallways that are airconditioned Down to hallways that dont FLOOD during rains.Mexico Grand is just head and sholders above the Grand in Punta Cana. When we were at the Grand in Punta Cana there were a few other couples that we had met at the Grand in Mx.And another couple that are friends of others we had met in Mx .And we were all in agreement that we would all Try to meet up at the Real Grand possibly this May

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic