We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally here, spectacular once again!

Toronto
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Finally here, spectacular once again!

Greetings, arrived yesterday to beautiful sunshine, with today being even more beautiful. The resort is decorated still from the holidays and looks awesome. Everything so far seems just as great if not better than before. Any questions, I'll try to answer when I check back in. If you are considering this resort, just book it and be glad that you did. Cheers!!

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,456 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally here, spectacular once again!

GLad you're having fun,but it would be nice to know just where you are! LOL!

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally here, spectacular once again!

schmerl,

She's at the Grand.

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally here, spectacular once again!

Hi AngelinaMoo,Glad you are having a great time, Are you booking all your meals at once or daily .And what kind of room are you staying in.

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
907 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally here, spectacular once again!

Enjoy your dose of sun and sand. It was single digits here this morning :(

Toronto
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Finally here, spectacular once again!

Schmerl, so sorry about that, I was so tired, and literally forgot to add it in the heading, Kimlo is right, as we are at the Iberostar Grand. Thanks Kimlo (lol).

Toronto
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Finally here, spectacular once again!

twocunardfans, we are booking our meals daily with no problems at all. We prefer the early seating at 6:30, which seems to be okay, Tonight we were at Japense which was excellent just like last year. Last night was Itlian that was even better than last year. We booked into an Oceanfront from home as I didnt' want any problems. Once you have had the oceanfront experience, it's hard to stay in anything else. It is worth every penny! We are staying in building 71, 3rd floor.

Toronto
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Finally here, spectacular once again!

MrsKruse, thanks we are enjoying our vacation in spite of the weather, which hasn't really been that great the last two days. Overcast with sprinkles on an off all day. Still beats Toronto's snow!!!

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Finally here, spectacular once again!

Hi Angelina!

We were in bldg 71 on the 3rd floor as well. What's your room number?? I miss that place so much. Waaah!

Is Jorge still one of the concierges for bldg 71? He may have gone back to school. He was doing a 3 month internship at the Grand and he was fabulous. I didn't realize that in order to be a concierge...they have to have a 4 year degree and be fluent in English and French. Thought that was interesting.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Finally here, spectacular once again!

Thanks Angelina for replys glad your having no problems with the reservation system and your enjoying the food ,We are going to try to upgrade to an oceanfront when we get there.

Cambs
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Finally here, spectacular once again!

Thinking of booking a villa for start Feb. hows the beach is Playa Paraiso involved in the restoration project?