We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel capacity ib grand

maryland
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
hotel capacity ib grand

is there any way you can find out the hotel capacity of the ibgrand before you go? thanx.

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel capacity ib grand

The IB* Grand has a total of 312 rooms according to applevacations.

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel capacity ib grand

If you mean "occupancy", you can email the resort and ask them.

rpgrandparaiso@iberostar.net.mx

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel capacity ib grand

If you are going any time between now and beg. of May, my best guess is it will be at least 75% if not higher. The only thing that could keep occupancy down is the hotel is very expensive.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,024 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel capacity ib grand

So, has the occupancy of the hotel increased now as until the end of last year I was reading that occupancy there was continuing to be very low, as had been reported since the Swine Flu fiasco in May 2009. Has it now increased considerably? We're going there in May, when I would normally expect a hotel in Maexico to be at near enough 100% . Tabby.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,568 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel capacity ib grand

The thing about the Grand is that it doesnt really matter what the occupancy is. You will have great service and a lovely time no matter what. There is minimal chair and palapa saving and we have been at high occupancy and last fall during really low occupancy. The grand never seems full.

The only thing you have to be wary of when it comes to occupancy at the Grand is that during really low occupancy some services i.e dinner buffet and a la cartes may be closed.

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
907 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel capacity ib grand

You (or your TA) may be able to find out for you ahead of time. You could check to see how many rooms are reserved for your week. Obviously not full proof, but it's something.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel capacity ib grand

I wrote to IB Grand Paraiso while I was reading this thread and Gemma answered me right away:

"Right now we have 40% of occupancy and probably on March and April will be the same, but it is too early for know it."

the EM is: rpgrandparaiso@iberostar.com.mx

you could email before you go and ask.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,024 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel capacity ib grand

Thank you very much for the replies. I'm not too worried about the occupancy as I'd read that even when full, it is not a problem there. I had also read that if occupancy is low, the schedule of restaurant openings is affected but as we're there for 2 weeks we should be able to try them all several times. It'e something to watch out for though.

I was thinking that if it was full it might make it more difficult to get table bookings & did plan to EMail ahead to book tables for our first few nights, just to get us started. Tabby.

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel capacity ib grand

When are you going in may Tabby.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
270 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel capacity ib grand

We were at the IB complex in November and it was very low occupancy (25% ?), the Grand beach was amost empty.

The Grand is a top of the line resort. I could not imagine any issues at all, even when it is full.