We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone booked through IGP website?

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Anyone booked through IGP website?

Has anyone booked through Iberostar Grand Paraiso website before? It says taxes are included but I want to make sure that there are no hidden fees later or get smacked with currency conversion fees. Anyone has any experience with this? Thanks!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone booked through IGP website?

Isn't booking through the Iberostar web site extremely more expensive than any other travel site. Last I checked our trip would have cost 30% more if booked directly through Iberostar.

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone booked through IGP website?

IGP website has lower price than Orbitz today (and last few days).

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
369 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone booked through IGP website?

Vtbean, I checked my reservation and the difference I show is about $7.89 total more expensive, that's through my travel agent, but her's includes travel insurance (cancel for any reason), transfers from the airport and ALL taxes. I've already provided you her info through private message.

Thanks!

North Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
755 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone booked through IGP website?

I just checked it and yes they did drop their price. Tami is still about $200 cheaper

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
907 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone booked through IGP website?

The Iberostar website has always been a lot higher than what my TA could get.

That said, you may see a currency exchange fee or foreign transaction fee, depending on how your CC run things. With a US travel agent, they normally are the ones who will run your card, so it's a US purchase. A lot of times if you book directly with an interntional hotel, they'll charge the card against their home office, which is often not in the US. Most cards, even if they charge you in USD, you'll still get hit with the FTF if it's overseas.

We travel enough that we carry a credit card and a debit card that don't charge FTFs. It adds up too fast, and we love the banks we deal with, so it works out well for us.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone booked through IGP website?

The front desk manager at the Grand told us last year that booking thru the company is one of the most expensive ways to go. So did you decide on the Grand? I hope so, you will love it.

North Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
755 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone booked through IGP website?

VERY good point Mrs Kruse, I didn't even think of the FTF !!

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone booked through IGP website?

You may want to contact Mr. Iberostar website as they have good prices.

jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone booked through IGP website?

When we priced out our trip we were quoted the price in U.S. Dollars.Thats from the hotel itself. So we figure if we pay in cash no hassel. But if We decide to use a visa card will they add extra charges for exchange?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
154 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone booked through IGP website?

When we went to the IGP in 2008, we booked through Iberostar. (we did not realize it would be cheaper to use another source) There were no exchange charges. Our card was charged the rate quoted. We now use Tami at tripsurfer.net. (she always matches any prices we find)

Regards,

Beth