We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hope we can still go to the Grand.

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Hope we can still go to the Grand.

All booked and paid for then poor hubby who is a builder (roofer) has fallen 20 foot of a roof ,In hospital waiting for an operation to put a plate in his wrist.

One of the reasons we booked the Grand was it is his 50th and he wanted to play golf dont think that will be happening ,Hopefully he will be able to travel and still enjoy our holiday we have been looking forward so much to this trip,But really the main thing is he is ok,

Doctor said he is really lucky that the damage wasnt much worse.

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
907 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hope we can still go to the Grand.

I'm so sorry!

Do you have trip insurance so that you may be able to postpone your trip until your husband is feeling better? I traveled with a fractured foot once and it was no fun at all.

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hope we can still go to the Grand.

Mrskruse thanks,

we do have insurance thank goodness ,going to see what the doctor says tommorow

with it being his birthday he really wants to go but if he is in pain or has to leave a cast on i think we would be better to postpone ,fingers crossed he will be ok.

If he cant work for 8 weeks he may be better on holiday, will hope for the best.Really after the shock this morning im just glad he is alive .

dudley
Level Contributor
257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hope we can still go to the Grand.

So sorry to hear your news - I do hope your husband will be OK.

Only been checking this forum over the last week as we are thinking of going to the Grand in July. Hope all goes well tomorrow.

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hope we can still go to the Grand.

Thanks harleys,

This forum is great for info on Grand and im sure if you pick the Grand you will be happy after all the reviews ive read it sounds fantastic.

Keeping everything crossed for tomorrow But deep down the only really important thing is that he is ok.

Guernsey, UK
Level Contributor
397 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hope we can still go to the Grand.

Fingers crossed for you, it's such a shame about the golf but the grand is the ideal place for some R&R.. Good luck today with the doctors, Alli x

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hope we can still go to the Grand.

Thanks Alli,

Not sure what time he is going to theatre he is waiting to see the doctors keeping everything crossed just wishing for a speedy recovery doctor said yesterday we should be ok to travel if the operation goes well.

Just be upset if he cant get in the water if he is wearing a caste.

But spent all last night thinking all the things that could have happened and realised how lucky he is to still be here.xx

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
161 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hope we can still go to the Grand.

I hope the op went well for you both and that everything's going to be ok.

I had to cancel last June to Mexico through my hubby being hospitalised and I understand how it feels but if you do have to cancel, please be assured it will be worth the wait and as long as you are both ok that, like you have said, is the main thing.

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hope we can still go to the Grand.

Thanks deanameredith,

Just got back from the hospital he has had his operation and in a lot of pain at the minute, pumping him full of morphine so kept drifting in and out ,But he should be on the road to recovery thank goodness.

If we have to cancel we will but at the minute the doctor doesnt think we will have to cancel fingers crossed,

Going on these forums is keeping me sane at the minute.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hope we can still go to the Grand.

All the best to you. I hope you get to go after all the research you have done.

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hope we can still go to the Grand.

Thanks Ontario,

Your one of the people whos posts made me decide on the Grand ,

Im a control freak and this wasnt in my plans.LOL .

That will teach me to be to organised and think everything was going so well.