We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IB Grand Pool Area

PA
Level Contributor
240 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
IB Grand Pool Area

Does the Grand have any music playing at the swim up bar during the day?

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IB Grand Pool Area

Yes there is music at the main pool with the swim up bar and no music at the tranquility pool.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,024 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IB Grand Pool Area

Don't worry about the music Blondebomb, after several of those Acapulco Creams, you will hear me singing! TeeHee! Tabby.

PA
Level Contributor
240 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IB Grand Pool Area

Hey tabbykins.....I will be singing and dancing right along with you. Speaking of dancing, has anyone been to the disco there and if so how is it? Bf and I like to dance.....even if there is no music......hahahah

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IB Grand Pool Area

Tabby not long till you get to the Grand have a great time.

Also Blondebomber hope you have a fab time.

See you soon Tabby and Alli.Safe journey.

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
907 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IB Grand Pool Area

The music at the main pool last fall normally didn't start until 11 or so and was done around happy hour as people were climbing out of the pool.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IB Grand Pool Area

I have been to the disco a number of time while visiting the Grand and the Lindo with the family. We all enjoyed it very much. It gets really busy because of the five resorts which is nice because most discos at adult only resorts are dead. It opens at 11pm but doesn't really get going until 11:30. We once stayed until 2:30 and it was still going strong (very late for old timers like us!!). I like the fact that older and younger guests all seem to have a good time. The star wars theme at the disco is really lame but you don't notice once the music gets going.

San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
81 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: IB Grand Pool Area

When do they cut off drink service at the pool? Other AI I stayed at stop making drinks at 5-6 pm.?

Thanks'

Scott

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,568 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: IB Grand Pool Area

On our last trip to the Grand it had to be after 5 or 6 when they cut off drink service at the pool because alot of us were still hanging out at the swim up bar. Im not sure if there is a set time or not. But we would be there until dark sometimes. Then they made us get out.

The disco is really fun. Sometimes I danced and other times I just people watched....but it was a really happening place like Ontario Sun Lovers said.

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: IB Grand Pool Area

Texas123...

LOL. Don't you just hate it when you have to be asked to leave???

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,568 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: IB Grand Pool Area

ha ha yep! I felt like a rebel. That happened alot on our last trip. We would go to the pool in the afternoon and that bar was hopping until it closed. Oh I miss the Grand! It will be a long while till I get back there though. I guess I will just have to read lots of reviews and look at pics to get myself through the long wait.