We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limits on reservations for the Surf & Turf at the Grand?

Warminster...
9 posts
Save Topic
Limits on reservations for the Surf & Turf at the Grand?

I made advance dinner reservations for our trip to the Grand based on posters comments about difficulties with getting reservations at certain times. I had requested an 8:30 time for each restaurant at the Grand and requested two reservations for the Surf & Turf. I didn't request specific restaurant/day, just the 8:30 time slot. We are staying 8 nights. The Grand got back to me promptly and filled my time requests but said that there was a limit of one reservation to the Surf and Turf per visit. I have read this forum for awhile, never needing to post before as all of my questions have always been answered, but I have never heard any comments regarding limitations before. As a matter of fact, most people say how The Grand bends over backwards for you, getting you items that you want that aren't on the menu, etc. I was very surprised and little upset regarding this response. Can anyone who has recently returned comment on this?

england
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Limits on reservations for the Surf & Turf at the Grand?

We stayed at the Grand in February and are returning at the end of this month - ash cloud permitting. I e-mailed a few days ago with our first 7 days reservations (we are there for 14) and got the following response re the second request for the surf and turf "By e-mail we can just make one reservation for that restaurant." I am sure it will be no problem making additional reservations once we get there, we visited the surf and turf 3 times when we were there in February.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

H2H

Warminster...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Limits on reservations for the Surf & Turf at the Grand?

Thank you H2H, you made me feel better. I hear so many wonderful things about The Grand that I was taken by surprise by their response. My husband tells me not to worry, everything will be fine when we get there, but of course I don't ever listen to him, hehe. Again thank you for your response. Maybe we will see you there, we are there for 8 nights starting 5/21.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Limits on reservations for the Surf & Turf at the Grand?

OK, we just got back from the Grand this morning. We were there for 2 weeks & ate at the Surf & Turf 4 times. Twice at 8.30pm, tice at 9pm. Our own choice of times. I only booked the first one by Email. After that, we just popped down to the concierge every few days & made some more bookings. I'm sure you'll have no problem, just see the concierge on arrival or quite soon after & make some more bookings. All I can say is, if you have as wonderful a time as us, you'll be in heaven. I will be doing a review & we will be returning. Tabby.

Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Limits on reservations for the Surf & Turf at the Grand?

We are staying for four days (leaving this Friday), and I asked for two nights at the Surf and Turf. I emailed my reservations in last week and received confirmation back the next day.

Warminster...
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Limits on reservations for the Surf & Turf at the Grand?

Thank you all for your responses, but now I'm more puzzled than ever. I went back to the email I received from the Grand regarding the reservations and it specifically says only One visit to the Surf and Turf per STAY. I guess I will just wait and see what happens when we get there. Hopefully as Tabby says, we'll book through the concierge and it will be fine. Otherwise, Jethro, watch for the middle age blond lady having a hissy fit at the Surf and Turf entrance!!! hahaha.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Limits on reservations for the Surf & Turf at the Grand?

Krocco, I hope all will go well for you there, I'm sure it will, Tabby.

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Limits on reservations for the Surf & Turf at the Grand?

Hi Tabby! Welcome home!

What did you think of the Grand?? Do you still prefer ERC or did you like the Grand better??

jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Limits on reservations for the Surf & Turf at the Grand?

Maybe they mean only one per E Mail request. So they would have some openings left for those like Myself, That dont feel that we should have to PLAN in advance what and where we would like to eat. You know, Save some for the other guys. Not just for those whose vacation would be ruined cause they could not eat there several times

jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Limits on reservations for the Surf & Turf at the Grand?

Also if everyone did it then how would others make reservations? Considering they limit the number of people in restaurant per seating so they can give great service to those that are there.

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,101 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Limits on reservations for the Surf & Turf at the Grand?

When we stayed at the Royal Hideaway the first time (6years ago) we made all our reservations by email for our 5 night stay. Then they changed the thpolicy so tha you could only make reservations for your night of arrival. It kind of levles the playing field.