We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tabby...A brief comparison of ERC to the Grand??

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tabby...A brief comparison of ERC to the Grand??

Hi Tabs,

Wondering if you care to give us a brief comparison of ERC to the Grand...or are you going to do it in your review?? I know how much you love ERC and this trip to the Grand was "stepping out of the box" for you as far as Mexican resorts go.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,024 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tabby...A brief comparison of ERC to the Grand??

Oh, I think I touched on this on another thread & do plan to pick up on this when I do my review as I know there are a few people who find it hard to chose between the two hotels.

We definately prefered the Grand. We loved the look of the place, the level of service, the food & the ambience. The rooms (Junior suites) at ERC are nice but those at the grand are better & we loved the big terrace with that comfy furnishings & the ceiling fan. Oh, little things like being able to have a bottle of champagne delivered to the room each evening at when we came in from the beach, at ERC we cold only have it delivered by the glass. The beach at the Grand is nicer & we prefered the location being closer the PDC & having the shuttle.

Things I prefered at ERC - the pool area, more extensive & more space, Japanese restaurant food was better (to us) & that little thing, the Ceviche was tastier & more authentic at ERC (remember I'm a ceviche addict!).

But I would say, if I could not afford to go to the Grand, I would go to ERC in preference to any of the other Iberostar hotels on the complex.

Anything more specific required, just ask me, Tabby.

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tabby...A brief comparison of ERC to the Grand??

Thanks Tabby!

That seems to be the opinion of anyone who has been to both but everyone is different. I was especially interested in hearing yours as I know what a fan you are of ERC. Grand Velas looks like another resort that would be up your alley!

Where are you off to next??

3. Re: Tabby...A brief comparison of ERC to the Grand??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2010, 06:30