We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

50th birthday-where should I go?

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
50th birthday-where should I go?

I will arrive at Canc.un airport in 93 days to celebrate my big fat fabulous 50th birthday. Air is booked, but I haven't decided on the resort. We LOVE the Grand (have 3 weeks until we arrive with our 3 adult children).

Should we go back to the Grand or should we try somewhere new?

Have been to Royal Hideaway 4 times and was disappointed last time. The other places we have been have all allowed kids because our youngest is just turning 18.

Food, beach and service need to be top notch and beach loungers need to be comfy.

jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: 50th birthday-where should I go?

Not only is The Hotel one picks Important. But its the People that they choose to go with that is just as Important.

jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: 50th birthday-where should I go?

If You were considering going to the Grand again inOct. I would check out prices before You go in August. So Then while there You can compare prices. And see if dealing with Hotel wont give You a better deal .

New York
Level Contributor
141 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: 50th birthday-where should I go?

Funny shoe comment ragtop:) Yes, I agree that the people you choose to go with are just as important!

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: 50th birthday-where should I go?

I don't let just anyone try on my shoes, especially men.

Looking at Excellence Playa Mujeres too.

jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: 50th birthday-where should I go?

Now that I put My glasses on and looked closer. That Leg does look familiar Hmmm.

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: 50th birthday-where should I go?

Whaaaaaaaaatttttttttt?

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: 50th birthday-where should I go?

Actran,

TwistOfFate just returned from EPM and she has also stayed at the Grand. I know she's done an in depth comparison somewhere. Maybe you've seen it already?? Haven't been on TA in awhile so I may be out of the loop.

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: 50th birthday-where should I go?

Actran,

Just found the comparison. It's on the Playa Mujeres Forum.

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: 50th birthday-where should I go?

Thanks. I'll check it out.

PA
Level Contributor
132 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: 50th birthday-where should I go?

Actran...can't wait to meet you in just a few (July 29-Aug5) I too am turning 50 in OCtober and have been having this exact conversation with my husband. My son just got back for Excellance for his Honeymoon and loved it. He was raised on Iberostar resorts and graduated to them on his own for vacations...however picked EPM for his honeymoon.

Lobby bar for drinks ! Can't wait. Bought a nook so I would have more room for shoes!!