We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Maroma - Jr. Suite Swim Out / Preferred Club Rooms

Los Angeles...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Secrets Maroma - Jr. Suite Swim Out / Preferred Club Rooms

We have booked a vacation at Secrets Maroma Beach in mid-December and I would like to get some feedback on the best rooms to request.

We are traveling with another couple (also staying in the same class room) and would like to be close to one another.

I've read some reviews that the swim out rooms (if not facing the sun) can be brutally cold, but without building numbers or additional information, I'm not sure what I should call to request to ensure we both have nice rooms where the pool is not cold and can enjoy eachother's company.

It appears the best location on the secrets website online map (via their website) would be the ocean facing building between the baracudda bar and the massage palapa.

Any feedback on great rooms you've stayed in for Jr. Suite Swim Out Preferred Club would be extremely helpful!

Thanks!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Maroma - Jr. Suite Swim Out / Preferred Club Rooms

Stayed in the Jr. Suite Swim Out/Preferred Club last year. It was AMAZING we were there in August so it was really warm. We were not directly facing the ocean but were still steps from the beach our rooms were diagonal to the ocean. The sun moves so at times you have sun and others shade. You will not be disappointed with the swim out and preferred club. I am going to secrets capri in a week because we got a great deal I could not pass up I am hoping it is as wonderful a vacation as Secrets Maroma. Have a great time you will not be disappointed at all.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Maroma - Jr. Suite Swim Out / Preferred Club Rooms

We had room 2617 in the preferred club section. It is the last building prior to the ocean front rooms. We seemed to get a great deal of sun light.

Stony Brook, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Maroma - Jr. Suite Swim Out / Preferred Club Rooms

We stayed in a SwimOut room last year in Jan. We had heard that the water was cold and asked the hotel staff in advance about it. They promised us a swimout that would be in the sun rather than the shade. Not only did they fulfill their promise but the water was wonderful (and I am usually very sensitive to the cold). We used our swimout every day (as well as the large pools). It was a wonderful vacation and we're planning to return this year for a swimout....

Osage Beach...
Level Contributor
220 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Maroma - Jr. Suite Swim Out / Preferred Club Rooms

We have been to Secret's Maroma 3 times and loved it. We are leaving again this week Saturday, but are staying at the Iberostar Grand due to Maroma being overbooked. We stayed in a Ocean Front room in building #27 and then were even upgraded to the Honeymoon Suite in building #27 one time, but to be honest, the room location is not what makes this property great. When we go again, we too are going to try the swim out rooms, but my suggestion would actually be to ask for building #20, the farthest away from the ocean...why you ask? It is the only building with swim out rooms where the building is not in the main V shape of the rest of the buildings and the swim out pool faces the jungle for more privacy AND even better...it gets the full day sun to make the pools not as cold. But trust me, your building location will not ruin your trip, we have head GREAT times every time we go there! Say hi to Rafeal Cordova ( General manager ) for us!

5. Re: Secrets Maroma - Jr. Suite Swim Out / Preferred Club Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2011, 06:17