We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Paraiso exchange privileges...

Champaign-Urbana...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar Paraiso exchange privileges...

Can anyone tell me what the exchange privileges are between the Iberostar Paraiso resorts? I realize that the Grand has privileges w/all the others, but how do the others work? We have stayed at Iberostar resorts in Punta Cana and in Playacar, so I'm familiar with how the resorts tend to be situated in pairs, and share pools, restaurants, etc. Also, I saw a reference to a 'shopping center' within the Iberostar complex - can anyone tell me what types of shops are there? Is it basically a glorified gift shop, or....? One more thing! Is there a shuttle to Playa Del Carmen (5th Ave area) or is the only option to take a taxi? Thanks for any info anyone can provide!!

Mentioned in this post
Playacar Palace
Playacar Palace
203 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,947 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Paraiso exchange privileges...

As you said, guests of the Grand have full run of the resort.

Guests of the Lindo/Maya share all facilities except for two restaurants that are for Maya guests only---the gourmet and the Japanese. The Lindo has its own gourmet and guest of the lindo use the Japanese restaurant at the IB Beach next door. Guests of the Lindo/Mayas have full access to all facilities, bars/restaurants at the IB Beach/Del Mar.

IB Beach/Del Mar share all facilities and can not use bars/restaurants at the rest of the resort.

All guests of the IB Paraiso complex can also visit the IB Cozumel and the IB Tucan/Quetzal for the day until 6 PM and enjoy all their facilities.

The Commercial center has several shops and also houses the spa, disco and extra eateries that are included for ALL guests of the IB Paraiso complex. They are a taco place, burger place, tapas place, and ice cream and crepe place.

There is a shuttle to and from Playa at the resort that is about $4 person each way . It leaves from in front of the Commercial Center about four times a day. You can get the schedule at the resort. A taxi costs about $20 each way.

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Champaign-Urbana...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Paraiso exchange privileges...

Thanks so much for the info! I didn't even think about having visiting privileges w/the Tucan & Cozumel - that's great! We stayed at the Tucan this past November, & really loved the area & the beach. Is the beach at the Paraiso complex as nice as it is by the Tucan? In the pics I've seen, it really looks about the same - no drop off at the water's edge, doesn't appear too rocky, etc....

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,947 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Paraiso exchange privileges...

The beach is big and beautiful. There are a few rocks right in front of the Del Mar. In front of the Beach and Lindo it's pretty clear.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
318 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Paraiso exchange privileges...

How would you get to Cozumel?

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Donnellson, Iowa
Level Contributor
998 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Paraiso exchange privileges...

To get to Cozumel, you would first take Shuttle or taxi to Playa del Carmen, then take ferry to Cozumel, then taxi to resort in Cozumel. Not sure if there is a shuttle offered for resort in Cozumel to ferry station though.

Mentioned in this post
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Paraiso exchange privileges...

Can IB Beach/Del Mar guests use the pools in the other Paraiso resorts?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Paraiso exchange privileges...

Please ignore that last question. I found the answer in this forum. Thanks,

Texas
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Paraiso exchange privileges...

How far is the IB Cozumel from the ferry dock?

How far and in which direction is IB Tucan from IB Paraiso?

Thanks.

Edited: 08 May 2011, 01:52
Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,090 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Paraiso exchange privileges...

IB Cozumel is about a $20 cab ride from the Ferry dock - probably about a 15 minute drive out of town. It's actually the furthest resort from town. There are no buses on Cozumel so taxi is your only option unless you rent a vehicle.

Edited: 10 May 2011, 00:14
Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Texas
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Paraiso exchange privileges...

Thanks Deb....good to know!