We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mr. Iberostar.com, Anyone booked Recently????

Texas
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mr. Iberostar.com, Anyone booked Recently????

Orig. posted in Riv. Maya forum, but should have posted in Playa Paraiso, Sorry.......

I'm a bit Concerned! I booked a hotel stay with Mr. Iberostar.com on May 4th. (today is May 20th) Got a great deal on the Iberostar Lindo - however, still haven't received a hotel confirmation from Mr.Iberostar. The only thing that I received from them is an "information verification e-mail" which states that I agree to accept the price, which I did, then e-mailed it back to them. They definitely have all my info. on file. Just not sure why they can't give me a confirmation or at least tell me why. I've e-mailed them a few times and called 5 or 6 times, half of those calls I had to leave a message - no one answers the phone. When I ask them about the confirmation they say they'll look into it and call me back......Still waiting. Spoke with Irene again yesterday - she said, again, that she'd look into it and get back to me that night......Today is the Next afternoon......still no call. I called them again, today......no answer, had to leave another message. Getting Very Frustrated......Do I have a reservation or not?!?!

Has anyone else booked through Mr.Iberostar????? Should I be concerned????

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mr. Iberostar.com, Anyone booked Recently????

I've never booked through them. They were too rude when I contacted them for a quote and it wasn't the lowest anyway.

I've read multiple posts of them being rude, but never of them not coming through with a reservation.

ri
Level Contributor
557 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mr. Iberostar.com, Anyone booked Recently????

Run don't walk away from this deal. They were so rude to us and because we asked too many questions they banned us ( their words) from their web site. Like we would ever want to do business with them. We find the best price on the internet and then go to our travel agent who always meets the price.

Maryland
Level Contributor
467 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mr. Iberostar.com, Anyone booked Recently????

I agree with sueray. Shop the internet and then use a reputable travel agent to book the trip. Most people have very negative experiences with Mr. I. If you gave them a credit card number, I would call and make sure they have not charged your card.

Good luck!

~~Sue

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mr. Iberostar.com, Anyone booked Recently????

Tami from Trip Surfer provides excellent service. But if Mr IB has your CC number, be wary of trying to cancel.

This must be so frustrating. i'm sorry and hope you can get t resolved (who needs this when they are trying to book a vacation? That's why I always use Tami).

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
318 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mr. Iberostar.com, Anyone booked Recently????

Mr. Iberostar was beyond rude to me. They were patronizing and so unprofessional BEFORE I booked and was just finding out prices. Obviously, they didn't get my business..!

Texas
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mr. Iberostar.com, Anyone booked Recently????

Thanks for your replies!

I've been working with Irene. She's been very pleasant to work with, that's why I'm so confused with the lack of Customer Service that I'm receiving, now. I'm going to give Mr. Iberostar one more week for an answer and/or confirmation number....I'm hoping for the best!!!

Edited: 22 May 2011, 14:50
Bloomington...
Level Contributor
854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mr. Iberostar.com, Anyone booked Recently????

I'd say you've waited long enough... you might try posting a message on their forums at iberostar-board.com . They might remove anything negative you post there, but at least they'll know you're tired of waiting.

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mr. Iberostar.com, Anyone booked Recently????

They've seen this thread. If you don't hear tomorrow I'd say try someone else

Texas
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mr. Iberostar.com, Anyone booked Recently????

Great News - just got an e-mail back from Irene @ Mr.Iberostar. I received a Confirmation !!! Yeah!!! :) All's fine now!

jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Mr. Iberostar.com, Anyone booked Recently????

Funny how all of a sudden they got back to you. Anything to add here George? We know Your reading.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Paraiso