We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hair Dryers at Iberostar Grand

ontario
Level Contributor
54 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Hair Dryers at Iberostar Grand

Does anyone know if there are good quality hair dryers in the rooms. I have a lot of hair and am trying to avoid packing my own. Thanks

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hair Dryers at Iberostar Grand

The hair dryers at the Grand are decent. Better than average, but probably not as good as what you have at home.

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hair Dryers at Iberostar Grand

I thought the hair dryers at the Grand were very good. I have a lot of hair, too. Not so much long, but thick and curly and I was very happy with the hair dryer. The robes are the best. For some reason when I thought about the hair dryer, the robe came to my mind. I wish I purchased one while we were there.

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hair Dryers at Iberostar Grand

The hairdryer at the Grand was fine i also loved the robes very comfy.

Victoria
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hair Dryers at Iberostar Grand

I found the hair dryers at the Grand got very hot as it had just one setting....in fact ours even started to smoke after a minute or two of use. We had it replaced, but the new one also ran very hot. Next time I will take my own.

Cheers!

ontario
Level Contributor
54 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hair Dryers at Iberostar Grand

Thanks everyone, two weeks to go, can't wait!

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hair Dryers at Iberostar Grand

Have a wonderful time and please post and let us no what you think when you return.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hair Dryers at Iberostar Grand

More than likely the reason the hair dryer got hot so fast was the intake filter is dirty. Most hair dryers have a screen on the back where the air intake is located. Usually it is lint that gets caught in the screen/filter. It can easily be removed and cleaned (less than 30 seconds). This should help with both airflow and overheating.

8. Re: Hair Dryers at Iberostar Grand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 11:16