We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is it about this place???

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
What is it about this place???

I'm researching our next trip, and I was leaning towards something completely different and staying at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort in Aruba, and then find myself watching Facebook videos of the Riviera Maya and not being able to get excited about anything else.

I promised my husband we'd try something new, but I'm having a hard time making myself. I miss the Grand. :-(

jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What is it about this place???

Trying something new can imply many things.Were you specifically talking vacation?

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is it about this place???

No, I thought I'd bring a new husband with me.

Yes, I'm talking vacation, lol!

Now I'm looking at the Presidente in Cozumel. Different, but not too far away...

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is it about this place???

October...I loved Seaside Suites. It's a completely different feel from the the Grand, though, so not sure it would be something you'd be interested in. I'm still in shock that I found someplace else I would return to, besides the Casitas. LOL

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is it about this place???

Great month to go.......we had perfect weather

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is it about this place???

I can tell you a story about trying something new, but is not pretty.

Turks and Caicos is amazing. But Carribean service is nothing like Mexican service.

Calgary
Level Contributor
651 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is it about this place???

I'm with you Actran I can't see past the Grand. I do not want to spend my week in paradise comparing and being disappointed. Only 60 hours before take-off, but who's counting.

Thank you Actran for your amazing blog it has made the waiting a little easier.

7. Re: What is it about this place???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2014, 21:30
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is it about this place???

Wow, I am glad to hear that hrhleg! We are Jamaica junkies forced to try Mexico this year because our favourite resort is full, Couples Sans Souci. What did you dislike so much about Jamaica? What do you think we will like better in Mexico? Very curious!!!

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is it about this place???

Yes, the Mexican people are awesome. Especially the super hot butler at the Grand.

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is it about this place???

We're going to the Turks and Caicos in two years for our tenth anniversary.

I mentioned that I missed Mexico last night and that I thought we should just head back to the Grand and I got that look.

I can't even bring myself to get very excited about the Grand in the DR, because I'm afraid it's going to be so similar, without the wonderful staff at PP.