We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from lobby to beach at the Del Mar

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
131 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Distance from lobby to beach at the Del Mar

Does anyone know how far it is from the lobby to the beach at the Del Mar? I've read that it's about a 15 minute walk, but I want to know if it's a half mile walk? A full mile? Also, how far is it from the lobby to the shopping area?

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,349 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from lobby to beach at the Del Mar

It never took us that long to walk from lobby to beach. I never timed it, but it wasn't a long walk. I guess that all depends on whether you are used to walking or not.

The path is a lovely winding one lined with beautiful vegetation.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
333 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance from lobby to beach at the Del Mar

It is far (maybe 3/4 of a mile?), but it's beautiful and even my toddlers enjoy the walk. They also have a tram, though I wouldn't set my watch to it ;)

The lobby to the shopping area is probably about a half mile--there is a shuttle that runs there too, though we never felt the need to use it.

Unless there is an injury or medical issue, don't let the distance stop you from visiting this property. We find it such a treat to walk through this lush, tropical property with its wildlife while it's freezing and snowy at home.

WI
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance from lobby to beach at the Del Mar

Less than 1/2 mile. (0.4 miles as the crow flies)

Less than 1/4 mile. (0.2 miles) from the lobby to the shopping area

Edited: 27 January 2012, 00:25
Scotland
Level Contributor
579 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance from lobby to beach at the Del Mar

Mmuskie,

Glad to here that , thought maybe the American mile had shrunk,

la la is right regarding the lush tropical scenery though.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance from lobby to beach at the Del Mar

about a 10 minute walk max and that's at a very leisurely pace. It's less than 1/2 a mile or about 700m for us Canadian folk.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
295 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Distance from lobby to beach at the Del Mar

Ya, I found it to be a 10 minute walk, which was a good way to work off your meals. On the Beach/Del Mar side, you had two choices for your walk. The little road between the Beach and Lindo - if you're lucky you could catch a ride on the train. I also liked the winding path between the Beach and Del Mar - it took longer but it was beautiful.

One night we jumpted on the train on the way back from the Commercial Center. We decided to stay on the ride as we passed our building (34) and head down and back up. Once the train reached the bottom, it broke down. Ha ha. We just walked back up.

7. Re: Distance from lobby to beach at the Del Mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2013, 09:34